News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No callerd ID inbound on Obi100 with GV

Started by gquiring, April 15, 2011, 03:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gquiring

I just setup my OBI100 today.  I can make and receive calls but when someone calls me there is no caller id info displayed.  I did the firmware upgrade.  I went through the various options in GV and have set incoming calls to show the number. 

gquiring

I just discovered it's my ATT phone model 1854 (old) that does not work with the Obi100 and caller id.  I have a newer phone that works but it shows a + sign in front of the number.  I thought the firmware upgrade removed the plus sign to be compatible with other phones?

RonR

Are you sure the '+' is on the CallerID number?  I see in my Call History, I have a number of entries where the CallerID name is the same as the CallerID number, but with a '+' on the front of the name field.

Dixon

He must mean the CID name.
Can we get the + removed from the caller ID name too? That breaks all PC software caller ID compatability. Why is it there anyway?

jimates

I asked at the beginning (late Jan.) if we could get everything dropped except the last 7 digits, when the area code matched what we entered for 7 digit dialing.

The caller id name is generated by the Obi so it should be possible.

haiml

haiml

The latest firmware will not show + sign on GoogleVoice incoming number.