News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

US Obi 110 use LINE with German PSTN

Started by westein, October 20, 2013, 08:55:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westein

I'm having problems getting the Phone/Line settings to work with the German telephone system to receive and make calls through the OBI 110, which I bought in the US.  I've googled for the specs for the German phone system but haven't found too much info.  The only things I've found (and not sure if they're correct) are:

Phone:

Ring Frequency:    25
Ring Voltage:        60
Caller ID Method:  FSK(v.23)
Impedence:          220 + (820 || 115nF)

Line:

DisconnectTonePattern:   425@-30,425@-30;1.4(.5/.5/1+2)
ACImpedance:     220 + (820 || 120nF) and 220 + (820 || 115nF)
CallerID Detect Method:  FSK(v.23)

The land line doesn't ring when called.  Dialing out on the land line, I can get a dial tone by pressing #, but it only works one time.  If I hang up the phone and try again, I get a service not detected message when pressing #.  To get the dial tone again, I need to unplug the line and reconnect it.  So I'm assuming one or more of the related disconnect settings aren't correct.

Does anyone have the settings required for the German PSTN or know what I'm doing wrong?  Thanks in advance.

Shale

On your local web page, see what Status>Phone and Line Port Status shows for the line status for on-hook and off hook.

RFord

Try here:

Ring Tone:

Country     Tone               Freq/Hz       Cadence/s
Germany    Ringing tone       425            1.0 on 4.0 off

http://www.3amsystems.com/wireline/tone-search.htm?start=0&kCountry=68&kTone=34

You can get the specific "Tone" for Germany from the pull down list.

ianobi

Not ringing may be a result of several factors. If your PSTN ringing has the same cadence as your ring tone (Germany    Ringing tone       425            1.0 on 4.0 off), then the RingDelay setting could be a problem.

Try changing:
Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > RingDelay: from 4000 to 0

If that does not cure the problem, then leave it at 0 and try a lower setting here:
Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > Ring Detection > Ring Threshold

CallerID detection should still be ok if you change you Line Port and Phone Port settings to FSK(v.23).

Looking at the voltages as suggested by Shale may give the best clue to this problem.

drgeoff

As an aside, all OBi110s are the same no matter where purchased.  Obihai do include a different PSU for some markets but the ATA itself is the same hardware and firmware.