News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How can I use OBION soft phone on SP2 and also not have SP2 ring any phones.

Started by iBlaineman, October 24, 2013, 05:57:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iBlaineman

I'm sorry I am sure this has been asked many times. 
I have 2 google voice numbers. One for me and one for my housemate. 
My housemates google voice number will be the primary on SP1.  She will have google voice ring on her google voice number and her cell phone.  I think I would do that in the google voice settings.

I want to use the OBION app to make outgoing calls through my google voice number on SP2 but I don't really need it ring the cordless phones. I forward all my google voice calls to my cell phone but would like to make outgoing calls with the OBION app. 

I see posts that say edit the inboundcallroute. Do I do that in the OBITALK services or someplace else?
I also might follow the post that suggests how to use 2 Softphones one one OBI but I'm not sure that's really important right now.

I'm also open to other suggestions.

Thank you for your help.
Blaine

ianobi

Blaine – welcome to the forum.

First make sure that your OBiON / softphone number has your OBi device number as its Voice Gateway. Click on your softphone number (290xxxxxx) in the OBi Dashboard to do this.

You don't say which OBi model you have, but that should not matter for most of this answer. Here's the simple answer:

Delete any existing rules in the InboundCallRoute and replace with:

Voice Services > OBiTALK Service > InboundCallRoute:
{(290123456)>(Msp2):sp2}

Where 290123456 is your OBiON softphone number. Any calls coming in from 290123456 will be processed through the sp2 DigitMap and be sent out on the sp2 trunk.

Voice Services > SP2 Service > X_InboundCallRoute: {}

Incoming calls will get "fast busy" no phones connected to the OBi will ring. If all your calls are forwarded in GV to your cell phone, then I guess they will never get to the OBi anyhow.

A more useful OBiTALK InboundCallRoute might be:

Voice Services > OBiTALK Service > InboundCallRoute:
{(290123456)>(Msp2):sp2},{(290123456)>(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(290123456)>**0:aa},{(290123456)>0:ph},{ph}

Normal numbers are still routed through sp2.
**1 followed by a number gives access to sp1 trunk (in case of sp2 failure).
**0 gives access to the OBi auto attendant.
0 rings the OBi phone port (direct call to home).
{ph} is there for other OBi numbers calling your OBi at home.

Make changes via the Obi Expert Configuration pages. From your OBi Dashboard, click on your OBi number and follow the prompts to get there. To change a value uncheck both boxes to the right of the value and leave them unchecked. After changing the values on one page, press submit at the bottom of the page and wait a few minutes for the Obi to reboot. Then move on to the next page if required.

iBlaineman

Thank you so much for the quick reply.  That worked perfectly.  I really appreciate the help.  I will have to try and read up a little on what exactly the inbound call route statement settings mean. 

One more question. I realized all I have to do to not have a google voice number ring my phones it to not check forward calls to google chat correct. So how would that route statement read if I allowed sp2 google voice calls to ring my phones?

What a great device and I'm looking forward to learning more about. 

Thank you again for your quick reply. 

ianobi

To allow incoming sp2 calls to ring the phones connected to your OBi revert to the default setting:

Voice Services > SP2 Service > X_InboundCallRoute: ph

If you have an OBi202, then the default is ph,ph2

The InboundCallRoute is a powerful tool. It can fork incoming calls to several devices as well as your OBi phones. It can route incoming calls to your OBi phones, then if you have not answered after a set time fork the call to another number such as your cell phone. For best call quality use as few "legs" in a call as possible. If the call is incoming to GV and you want it to ring your cell phone, then use GV to do that.

There's more info in the Admin Guide:

http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBiDeviceAdminGuide.pdf

InboundCallRoutes are towards the end of the Guide. The Guide is useful, but be aware there are some mistakes in it   ;)