News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Best solution for porting home number, but likely no OBi

Started by Rick, November 07, 2013, 07:35:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dircom

I setup a landline for my mom.  Her income (or lack of) qualifies her for a subsidized Landline rate.
Local calls with no Long Distance
I setup local Grand Central / GV #'s to call all 5 kids
I also setup an Obi there for when someone is visiting

Cox Digital Telephone Essential LL    
Includes:  
Lifeline Telephone Service - Enhanced  
Essential Feature Pak  
Cox Long Distance  
 $4.00
Total Telephone Taxes, Fees and Surcharges   $2.94

for a grand total of @ $7 month

giqcass

Quote from: dircom on December 10, 2013, 10:29:46 AM
I setup a landline for my mom.  Her income (or lack of) qualifies her for a subsidized Landline rate.
Local calls with no Long Distance
I setup local Grand Central / GV #'s to call all 5 kids
I also setup an Obi there for when someone is visiting

Cox Digital Telephone Essential LL    
Includes:  
Lifeline Telephone Service - Enhanced  
Essential Feature Pak  
Cox Long Distance  
 $4.00
Total Telephone Taxes, Fees and Surcharges   $2.94

for a grand total of @ $7 month

This is a good setup for low income people.  I have one suggestion for anyone who want's to set this up for someone.  Back in the day there was this device called Chatterbug.  It plugs in between the phone and the wall socket.  Whenever someone dials a number the device will intercept that number dial a gateway number, enter the pin number, and then enter the destination number.  Sound like calling using Google Voice? These devices can ve bought and reprogrammed but better yet a generic version of the device can also be bought. These devices make using Google voice for all of your long distance calling completely seamless.  911 calls intercepted by the dialer are sent out directly without modification.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=phone+dialer+card+line+powered&_udlo=0&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_udhi=30&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xphone+dialer++line+powered&_nkw=phone+dialer++line+powered&_sacat=0
Long live our new ObiLords!