News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

update fails

Started by ohbipap, April 17, 2011, 08:05:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohbipap

Hi guys,
The machine seems good.  I bought it and quickly hooked up gV and it has been transparent.
Great!
Two problems:
1.  Keeps asking to update.  I keep clicking the "!" and get the following.
Failed to update 200380746's firmware. Please try again later.
You can also update your device manually by following this procedure.

I don't want to investigate this and spend time on it.   :-\
Transparent and automatic....
2.  The other problem is that it won't "take" the second gV account, but I think that is because I may not have made a call from that account.  Needs audio or microphone or something I'll look into it later.

Otherwise, so far it has been a great product in that I haven't noticed it!
"When the shoe fits, the foot is forgotten"

RonR

Have you tried the following?:

1. Download the firmware update to your HD:

http://www.obihai.com/firmware/OBi-1-2-1-2103.fw

2.  Log into the OBi at the IP address reported by ***1.

3.  Updating the firmware at:

System Management -> Device Update -> Firmware Update

ShermanObi

On the 2nd GV set-up ...

You are correct.  You will need to make a call from the Gmail Call phone feature for it to "connect" properly.

jimates

you don't need a mic or anything to place the call. Just dial your phone from within gmail and answer it. If the call is connected then it was a successful call. No real need to communicate.

asterisk@ck-lee.com

I am stuck at the upgrade. Always indicate that upgrade is required.

Network access to the device ok.
But my status is amber light.

asterisk@ck-lee.com

My problem is like the attached pictures

daibaan

it is now 9:36pm 5/14, the availability notice for Obi-1-2-1-2286.fw was post 1.5 hours ago, however, the link for the new firmware is not working. ***6 also says no new firmware available

MichiganTelephone

Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

ohbipap

ok just  bought a second obi 100
cause the first one is good
altho i still haven't been able to update it.

can't update this or get it started either!

1.  Devices that have been added to OBiTALK will see an associated yellow triangle which can be selected to invoke an automated update process.
yellow triangle just takes me to web page with alternative methods

2.  Devices with version 1.2.0 (or above) can be updated via the touch-tone phone attached to the OBi. 
Dial *** 6 .  And confirm the update (if available).
method #2 of dialing **6 says "update available"
I press "1" as prompted and...  nothing happens.

3.  Users can download the firmware from the link below and follow instructions to manually update the OBi using a PC's browser opened to the OBi device management web page.
http://www.obihai.com/firmware/OBi-1-2-1-2286.fw  (2MB
So I try to get the webpage for the device by asking for the address
but the ip address returned by the system attendant is 10.0.0.3
and that does not get me to the obi device.
i guess that is because i have all the obis on a cascaded router that is daisy chained into the first router that comes off the modem
maybe that is the whole problem

.  Access the web page of the OBi device:
     -  From a phone attached to the PHONE port of the OBi dial * * * 1
     -  The IP address of the OBi will be read to you.
     -  Open a new browser window on your PC and enter the IP address of the OBi.
         E.g.  192.168.1.110
     -  When prompted, enter "admin" for username and "admin" for password. 
         If you have previously changed the password, use that instead of "admin."

3.  Now that you have accessed the OBi web page, go to the "System Management" - "Device Update" page.  From there, "Browse" to the firmware file you just downloaded above and click Update. 

4.  Wait for the OBi to restart (approx. 30 seconds) and you will be good to go.

jimates

I would just plug the obi into the closest ethernet port to your modem. If you get a dial tone then dial ***6 and see if it updates. If the update is successful, then move it to where you want it and do the configuration.

You can use the expert configuration from the Obitalk portal.

ohbipap

yep yep "a problem clearly stated is a problem half solved"