News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New OBi202 + OBiLine for us, OBi110 will go to parents

Started by Sophia, November 11, 2013, 03:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophia

Thanks ianobi, I'll submit a ticket and refer to this thread :)

ProfTech

I'm not sure I read all of your post, but does your echo involve the "PSTN" line? If so it sounds like the age old problem that plagued the Linksys SPA3102. I bought one before I knew about the Obi and never could get rid of the echo. Finally gave it to a friend who was never going to use the PSTN so it didn't matter. I'll bet the Obi 200/202 in conjunction with the line adapter might have a similar issue. I would concur with your option to simply switch to a 110. This is good information that you posted. I was kicking around the idea of getting a 200 and the line adapter but at $95 for the package I won't even consider it as long as the 110 is available.

QBZappy

Quote from: Sophia on November 29, 2013, 01:10:41 PM
Another (minor) problem: the 110 works even when it's not connected to the router, obviously I'm talking about landline only. However the 202 absolutely requires the Internet even for the landline.

Interesting observation. I don't own a USB line adapter. It would be nice if someone could reproduce this.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Sophia

Hi ProfTech, the echo involved both PSTN and VOIP, seemingly randomly but mostly on incoming calls. I have been in contact with the Obihai helpdesk, who very kindly helped me troubleshoot the issues.

They changed the setting in your OBi202 of both PHONE port1 and PHONE port2, they said they reduced the value of the TXgain and RXgain settings.

That in itself didn't seem to do anything to eliminate the problem, but then they said they had made "further modifications" (which they didn't specify) and two days later it seems like that solved it... we haven't had echos since on the 5 or 6 calls we made. So far so good  ;D

QBZappy, I'd be interested to know too if that is a fluke or a feature :) I get the male robot voice who informs me IV network status not available, so I'm assuming that's the way the 202 works! I'd say that is a big thing to consider for people with a flaky Internet connection who rely on their landline a lot!

PS THANK you, ianobi for referring me how to send a ticket, the staff have been very helpful :)

sdb-

Quote from: Sophia on December 05, 2013, 03:00:34 PM
PS THANK you, ianobi for referring me how to send a ticket, the staff have been very helpful :)

Thanks for reporting back.  I'm glad to hear they were helpful.  Most of the time we only hear the negative.