News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Future config - when XMPP from GV ends

Started by tome, November 13, 2013, 06:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tome

When Google turns off XMPP (in 2014) one will either need to abandon GV entirely and sign up for a voip provider for inbound/outbound or alternatively keep the GV number and forward it to a voip provider and switch to making outbound calls through the same or different voip provider (and not GV).

Currently I am already forwarding GV calls to a CallCentric DID (for CID) and I will probably just continue this, but will need to change outbound calling to CC - it currently goes to GV.

I am wondering what changes I will need to make to my Obi110 config to direct outbound calls to CallCentric (currently on SP2).  Can I simply change:

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> PrimaryLine to SP2 Service (from it's current settting of SP1 Service)?  Or do I need to also change Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> OutboundCallRoute ?

That is currently set to:
{([1-9]x?*@@.):pp},{(<#:>):li},{911:sp2},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

I don't really understand the outbound call string of events or how to read (some of) the OutboundCallRoute...

Tom

tome

Nevermind, I found the answer in, of all places, the (RTF)Manual.  :-[

I can just set Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> PrimaryLine -> SP2 Service  (and Auto Attendant)

From the Admin Guide:

Primary Line

By default, devices which come with an analog (PSTN) line port will use this as the Primary Line for outbound calls made from the PHONE port and via the OBi Auto Attendant.  This means that when you dial a new number using the AA, you do not need to first dial a service route access code.  You can select the Primary Line for the PHONE port and for the AA, respectively, using the parameters PHONE Port::PrimaryLine and Auto Attendant::PrimaryLine.