News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

[SOLVED] Anveo new setup OBI202. Make calls but cant receive calls

Started by kb9nvh, November 16, 2013, 05:16:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dobah

How do I forward the SIP/ATA device through callflow?  When I go under the call flow builder, there are a few templates to choose from.  Do I just choose one of them?

When I go under phone numbers -> manage phone numbers it shows "No Phone Numbers" on that screen.  There is no phone number to edit so the "call options" isn't listed.  Maybe I need to order a number?  I can already make outgoing calls but incoming calls doesn't work.

kb9nvh

If you dont have a phone number then what does Anveo do for you?  its $2 per month and incoming are free but outgoing costs about 1/2 cent per minute.  

There should be a default callflow created for you or you can choose the basic template.  You need to add a 3 second delay if you are forwarding from GV to your new ANVEO number or it doesn't play well.  GV on the first few calls seems to want a key press verification that tells it you are a human and not a machine answering.  This was one of my problems.    If there is no default already there then choose a default template to add.

Most people use GV with their OBI but since that is going away I wanted to make the changeover at my leasure. I think the OOMA might be a better way to go for someone like me actually but I already had the obi with wifi adapter.  If it ever gets hit by lightning again I will probably go OOMA.