News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

UK - BT Verstility PBX answering call on second attempt with OBI202

Started by Gavo, November 21, 2013, 10:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gavo

Hello,

A problem arose this afternoon with a customer of mine trying to answer their phone. They have a 2+8 BT Versatility pbx with an OBI202 supplying the incoming lines.
In order to answer the phone they pick up the handset (system handset in reception), press the line key that is ringing (naturally enough) but line  is not seized. They then put the phone down, pick it up again , press the ringing line button and the line is seized, so basically they have to answer the phone twice as it were.
I'm a bit confused by all this as the system has worked fine for the last two months with no settings changed on the OBI. Having rung a friendly BT engineer he said that the issue is 99% to do with the loop disconnect clear time, and that it should be set to 800ms.
Question is where is this setting ?

Cheers

Gavin

ianobi

Gavin,

The setting is referred to in the OBi Phone Port as CPCDuration.

I'm not sure why this setting should affect the answering of a call, it's normally only a problem with closing down a call.

If it is an issue, then CPCDelayTime may also be involved.

If it is happening on both lines, then you might try changing these settings on one line and see how it compares to the line with default settings.