News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Free Incoming DID on Localphone.

Started by giqcass, November 25, 2013, 10:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giqcass

Free Incoming DID on Localphone with free incoming Caller ID.

1) Create an IpKall number.
2) Forward it to a sip uri that will allow you to take a call.
3) Create a LocalPhone account.
4) Add your IpKall number to the Localphone account and verify it.
5) Enter your localphone credentials into your Obi.
6) Replace the sip uri on IpKall with your localphone SipID@localphone.com

You now have a free incoming localphone phone number that will also display when you dial out using localphone.  Google Voice could be added to the mix if desired.
Long live our new ObiLords!

sdb-

Nice.

I think step 2 can be done with the OBi if you open its port thru your router.

Or could you just use SipID@localphone.com if you did the steps 3,5,1,6,4:

3) Create a LocalPhone account.
5) Enter your localphone credentials into your Obi.
1) Create an IpKall number.
6) For the sip uri on IpKall use your localphone SipID@localphone.com
4) Add your IpKall number to the Localphone account and verify it.

giqcass

You can forward the IpKall number to your Obi directly.  I used to do it that way.  For some reason LocalPhone calls won't verify when the IpKall number is forwarded to your Localphone account. That's why I suggest forwarding it elsewhere until after it is verified. Another issue is you can't get your Localphone sip id until after you add at least one phone number.

cyclops

You rock man!!!!  ;D

Now that GV is gone, I just configured a new LocalPhone account with IPKall number on SP1. My SP2 is free to try on any new provider if needed, for now I have Nymgo there as I still have some balance there..

Just adding one piece of information here for everyone's benefit as I faced this issue. When I was verifying my number with Google VOice for forwarding and with LocalPhone to spoof the caller ID, I had to press certain keys on my phone which were not getting detected. So I used the following steps (courtesy Thro@SlickDeals) to ensure that the DTMF is working -

1. Log into http://www.obitalk.com/obinet/login/
2. Cick "Home" (above SP1) -> Obi Expert Configuration -> Enter Obi Expert
3. On the left side click "Service Providers" then choose "ITSP Profile A General" (for SP1) or "ITSP Profile B General" (for SP2) depending where you setup vestalink.
4. "DTMFMethod" uncheck "OBITALK settings" then choose "InBand" from the dropdown menu below "Value"
5. Click "Submit"

cyclops

I guess I spoke to soon and did not try enough before getting a subscription from local-phone.

If someone calls me on GV, it would be forwarded to IPKall which in turn forwards to LocalPhone on my Obi. It seems the caller ID of the person calling me is getting lost somewhere and being replaced by one specific 206 are caode number. I remember making at least one test call where it was passing on correctly, infact I also got through the Obi auto attendant successfully.

Any help here? Whats happening? Am I doing something wrong?

mo832

This is a known issue. You really should do some searching or browsing around here before re-posting questions.

I suggest you write down the entire 206 number, and use that as your search string for this forum. You will find more comments about that than you can read.

TL;DR
Sometimes GV to IPkall loses the caller ID.

cyclops

Yes, I was searching around and found that its a known issue. Sorry, I rushed and did not check before posting the question.

So are there any fixes to this or we just have to live with it?

skipro

gigcass,
I tried your method but cannot get Localphone to call my forwarding acct with IPKall.
I setup an IPKall acct and used my free DID Callcentric SIP login as the SIP Uri in IPKall to receive the verification call.
Went to Localphone and added my IPKall number, I then get this when requesting a verify call:

"We need to check that you own the phone 206-xxx-yyyy. Please make a five second call from your registered phone to continue.
Call us on:  516-206-6100"

I cannot make a call from my IPKall number or my Callcentric free DID. Why doesn't the localphone verification call the IPKall number?

giqcass

That's new to me.  They used to call the number.  This method is far less secure then the old method.

EDIT: They called me when I tried this a few minutes ago.  Make sure you type the number correctly.  Do not enter the leading 1.

EDIT2:  I replicated your issue.  Enter only the 10 digit number and do not put the 1 at the beginning.

Example
4195551212 OK
14195551212 BAD
(419)555-1212 OK

skipro

gigcass,
Tried your examples even though that is what I was doing. Same results.