News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Send to AA after x amount of rings

Started by mrjoe, December 04, 2013, 03:39:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrjoe

I'm using ObiLine and I'd like to send all calls to AA after ringing for the most amount of rings possible.

I don't have Voice-mail on the line so it should ring indefinitely.

I want to give the option for people to press 0 for my wife's cell & 22# for my cell if no one picks up the home line.

I will configure 0 to ring the new phone number instead of ph1&ph2 and I'll change 1 to do the same.  It will to bridge to ObiBT.

Just wondering what I need to put in the [Obi]Line inboundcallroute to ring ph1 & ph2 and then to send to AA.

thank you in advance for your help.

ianobi

The InboundCallRoute should be:

{ph,ph2,aa}

The phones will ring until aa answers the call. aa will answer the call after the delay set by:

Voice Services > Auto Attendant > Auto Attendant 1 > AnswerDelay

I don't know what the maximum setting is, but quite long I guess. Line Port > RingDelay will needs to be subtracted from the Auto Attendant AnswerDelay. For example if Line Port RingDelay is 4000 and Auto Attendant AnswerDelay is set to 10000, then the actual delay before aa answers after the phones start ringing will be 6000 (six seconds)

If the caller clears down, or does not input an option, then NumberOnNoInput will direct the call back to any number you put in that setting. The default is "0", which rings the phones connected to the OBi.

mrjoe

Hi Ianobi - thanks for your help.

It is working great besides for the fact that the longest I can make the delay for is 11000 which means my phones actually ring twice!?  If I do it for longer the caller hears that the party is not available try again later.

Any advice on that?

I have taken away the delay and will have to do without Caller ID until I can figure that out.

Another issue is the call disconnect tone.  It doesn't seem to work for the Israeli SP.  Does anyone know how to get the phone to play it so that I can record it and figure out what to put there.

giqcass

I haven't tried this but under the service provider settings you could try using.

CallForwardOnNoAnswerEnable         x
CallForwardOnNoAnswerNumber         AA 
CallForwardOnNoAnswerRingCount      however many rings you like.
Long live our new ObiLords!

ianobi

mrjoe,

I don't think that this is an OBi problem. I think that the service that you are using to call the OBi is timing out. 11 seconds does seem a short time limit for calling.

I can ring my OBi for 60 seconds in various ways, OBiTALK, cell phone, softphone etc - they all seem to time out after 60 seconds. As far as I can tell, if it is not answered, any OBi will keep ringing its Phone Port for as long as it's receiving a calling signal.

I haven't tried the suggestion from giqass. It looks like it should work in a similar way. I'm guessing it will have the same problem if the service calling the OBi times out after such a short time.

mrjoe

I think so too, Ianobi.

My setup "fixes" the problem:

After 4000ms callers hear "thank you for calling the xxx, please choose one of the following options,  press 1 or hold to ring the Home phone, Press 2 to contact us on our cellphones' or to leave a message" after that the have the option to press 1# for my Wife, 2# for me and 3# to leave a message.

I have changed the dialplan on AA to allow ringing via Speed dial to only these numbers.

It works great.  Only issue is no Caller ID when the call is forked to ph1&ph2.