News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

[SOLVED] Obi100 will not finish configuring with Google Voice

Started by NancyPLF, December 07, 2013, 07:36:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NancyPLF

I have been using the Obi 100 for several months and have been very happy with it (dropped the land line).  Last evening I was not able to make outgoing calls (some recorded message about insufficient balance in my account).  I read some posts and decided to reconfigure the Obi.  I went through the configuration process on the ObiTalk dashboard, it said the configuration was updated; however after I wait and refresh, it still shows not configured.  I finally deleted the device, then added it back and used the quick GV setup.  Same results.  Even though the dashboard continues to tell me the configuration is updated each time I apply the updates, after waiting well more than the 2 minutes requested and refreshing, the device shows as not configured.
I did apply a firmware update after this first started occurring last evening, and that did not seem to make a difference.
I have also tried this from two different computers (not that it should make a difference).  Always used Chrome browser.
Any suggestions on what else to try?  Of course now my Obi doesn't work at all.

QBZappy

@NancyPLF

Welcome to the forum.

Did you read this.

Managing Your OBi Device Configuration: OBiTALK or OBi Web Page but NOT Both
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=61.msg109#msg109
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

NancyPLF

I read the link you referenced (I had not seen it before).  It shows that my Auto Provisioning Method is disabled.  In fact, I have all default settings (I'm not trying to make this complicated).  Surely the default settings should work for the simple setup I'm using?

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

NancyPLF

I now have this device working again.  I have no idea how it became not the Primary Line for Outgoing Calls, but it would not reconfigure correctly to re-enable that option.  I found some posts that I tried to follow to reset things and I believe I did not reset everything correctly.  I think I deleted the sp1 configuration rather than the device, and I'm not sure I reset the Obi in the correct sequence.

I finally found and followed the FAQ to reset the device (I did not start out last night expecting to reset the device) at http://www.obihai.com/faq/Backing-Off-and-Connected-Status and that rectified the issue.

I hope this might help someone else who encounters a similar issue.