News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 stopped answering GV calls

Started by LauraW, December 08, 2013, 04:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LauraW

I have an Obi202 that I bought in August.  It's been working great until now.  A week or two ago, the device suddenly stopped ringing for incoming Google Voice calls.  They ring my cell phone and show up in Google Talk, but the phones attached to the Obi202 don't ring.    Rebooting the device (by power-cycling) fixes it, but only for a day or two.  Then it stops working again and I have to reboot again.

Today I've tried to do some research, but I'm out of ideas.  The firmware is up to date.  The only similar forum complaints I could find seemed to be solved by checking "Forward calls to Google Chat" in the GV settings.  I've had that checked all along, and I just verified that it's still set.

Any ideas for how to fix this, or for what additional diagnostics I could do?  Thanks!

LeoKing

LauraW

Thanks.  I'm pretty sure I tried a router reboot already, but I just did another one anyway, followed by a reboot of the Obi202.  I'll see if I have any more hangs in the next few days.  Lately it had been hanging once every 12-48 hours, so 3 or 4 days should be a good test.

MikeHObi

Uncheck the option to forward calls to google chat.  Then place a call with your cell to your google voice number.  Then check the option to forward calls to google chat and test again.  See if that resets things and has it working.  I have seen reports in the google voice support area that indicate settings can randomly become corrupt.

i haven't tried today, but when I was messing with it last week, google chat forwarding was reliable for me.
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.