News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Multiple OBi on the Same Account without Implied Trust

Started by PortableTech, April 19, 2011, 12:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PortableTech

It would be quite nice if we could have multiple OBi devices assigned to one account for management purposes without having to make them part of the circle of trust automatically.

As an example.  I have setup an OBi for me, my parents, and my sister.  I manage them all, and it is certainly more convenient for me to have them all assigned to one account so I can perform changes, maintenance, upgrades, etc without having to login to several different accounts.  This situation however, means that all the OBi devices trust each other, and always use the auto answer menu to present options.  Now, I suspect I could go into the inbound dial rules somewhere and disable the aa, but I do not want to do that for all OBi devices on the account.

I also suspect, there is a way to write custom inbound rules for each OBi device I would not want to receive the menu and send them directly to the phone, but still, it should be cleaner than this.

Perhaps just a check box or something that could me marked on an OBi to always have that OBi bypass auto answer menus or something to that result.

Let me know if this does not make sense and I will endeavor to elaborate.

jimates

the only place they show up in in the Obitalk inboundcallroute.

the default call route is    ph  which rings the phone port for all incoming Obitalk calls.

after you add the device to the account just go into the expert settings for the device and set the default call route

Setup Wizard > OBiTALK InboundCallRoute > set to default and then click submit