News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

More SP Ports for OBi202

Started by einfostar, December 27, 2013, 08:55:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

einfostar

Currently I have configures all 4 available SPs for my OBi202, 2 google voice ports for me and my wife for domestic calls, one for 911 calls, and another for international calls.  Now with google voice support disabled after May 2014, I will need to configure at least 2 extra SPs.  Are there any others that have the similar needs?

Mango

If the provider is used for outgoing calls only, use a Voice Gateway to free up your Service Provider.  It's only necessary to use a service provider if you wish to register and receive calls.

giqcass

Quote from: Mango on December 28, 2013, 09:55:41 AM
If the provider is used for outgoing calls only, use a Voice Gateway to free up your Service Provider.  It's only necessary to use a service provider if you wish to register and receive calls.

Extra incoming services are also possible if the service being used will forward to a sip uri.  Using the OLEG method we could even dictate how the incoming call is handled.
Long live our new ObiLords!

sdb-

If google voice goes away, would not those two slots be freed?

gderf

Quote from: sdb- on January 03, 2014, 07:04:46 AM
If google voice goes away, would not those two slots be freed?

Exactly. They will become nonfunctional when XMPP goes away, so there would be no point in keeping an OBi configured with them.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

Ostracus

I could see one retaining XMPP for future services.

giqcass

I don't see that website moving forward. 
Long live our new ObiLords!

Usetheforceobiwan

Quote from: giqcass on February 03, 2014, 07:36:42 AM
I don't see that website moving forward. 

Onsip already has it, they combine SIP for calls and XMPP for online presence and IM.  You see this in action with their web based phone.  They also have a  WEBRTC to SIP bridge which allows Insta-Call service.  Onsip is state of the art as far as embracing and incorporating modern VOIP protocols and standards.  While Onsip is too expensive for a VOIP enthusiast like myself, you can still sign up for a free account to check out their system.