News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Choosing a SIP to simul ring?

Started by jamin1620, January 04, 2014, 07:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamin1620

Thanks for reading.  Please assist in direction to eliminate my cell issues and porting questions for my requirements.  Anything you can answer would be great help.
I am in Chicago, IL. I got rid of high price cell phone service(Verizon,Tmobile,Sprint,AT&T) CDMA provider fees by going with BYOP through leased agreement provider like StraightTalk/tracfone, or gosmartwireless. Working good.  If you haven't heard they have quality wireless service for super low prices and use major networks most of the time.  I have heard my CDMA service should use Verizon's towers and have signal everywhere Verizon is offered, but found one location this wasn't true.  Lady next to me had full signal on her Verizon($115/mo), and I had no signal on my leased Verizon agreement provider Straight Talk($50/mo).  So we both had CDMA phones.  Anyone can ask me about how this works.
There can be unsuspected outages when porting, making changes in equipment GSMtoCDMAtoGSM, and more.   I had three events that made my number completely unoperable. This is my first major issue.  As the number I ported to StraightTalk is my main small business line.  I went days wondering who tried to offer me money for emergency electrical services, which I offer. But my number was in limbo ringing no where.  Previously with Verizon/Ameritech since 1999, never an issue.  Including a time they received $3k/yr from me.  To have a VM service that worked.  Sorry T-mobile, for you gave my callers, "the party your trying to reach is outside the calling area, please try your call again later. Message LBC20".
1)I will get a new cell phone number.
2)I want to port my business# to a SIP provider.  Not google voice because GV will no longer be supporting communication method available by my obi modem. May 2014 according to my research.  Also I am concerned about call audio monitoring, hacking, giving any info to google, and tracking calls... but looking for a paid service.  I am hoping to pay up to $15/mo. If that's what it will take to get 5000minutes a month call forwarded to my cell#.  Perhaps you have a suggestion that's less or different?
I hope this port will be the last time I have an outage.  The SIP provider will need to be able to forward on failures to my new cell phone number.  I know this is common with VOIP service like big boys offer(Cbeyond,McCloud,GlobalComm,Paetec etc.
So If my obi at office has failure...hopefully I can still have ringing at home obi and cell, but cell for sure on failures.  Failures such as my internet or my power is down.
I don't know whether to call this requirement a Remote call forward or if this is an OBihai feature or SIP feature.  Please suggest, I am all ears.  I am not opposed to having Google voice for free on port 2 at office, or home.  Because use is so minimal.

3)Is there a stupid simple way and included for $15/mo max to make my phone with an android ap call out using my new SIP provider's caller ID.  So my business# appears on selected outbound calls instead of my cell phone number?

4) I am paying seventy something dollars/yr to nextiva fax.  Can this be reduced?  I am open to suggestions.  I really like being able to fax from my wireless devices by attaching to and sending from my primary email account.  I do this by sending to anyfaxnumber@nextivafax.com  I do very little faxes, but still appreciate sending electronically and no paper printer. Although I know obi products if not obi202 has high reviews for use as a fax to my plain paper fax machine.
I am sick of not being able to block faxes from same jerks who spam me with vacations and roofing from their SIP. 
I send 20 pages a month, receive 6 spam pages a month.

ipse

I see you got no replies yet...but in short (I'm at work :) ) you can achieve all your requirements using Anveo or Callcentric. Not sure if your 5000 minutes will be only 15$/mth as I assume you will need an unlimited OUTGOING plan. CC has that for 20$ I believe.
Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain