News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Using SP2

Started by cluckercreek, January 13, 2014, 08:49:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cluckercreek

Hello everyone,

I'm new to VoIP and have a question. I'm successfully using GV on SP1. Can I forward my NetTalk Duo subscription to SP2? I don't want to use the Line due to trying to reduce Latency on it.

gderf

Somehow I doubt you can do anything with NetDuo on an OBi or other ATA.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

drgeoff

Quote from: gderf on January 13, 2014, 09:28:21 AM
Somehow I doubt you can do anything with NetDuo on an OBi or other ATA.
My reading of http://www.satfix.net/showthread.php?49188-How-to-get-NetTalk-SIP-Credentials would suggest otherwise.  If that works one could configure an OBi or other ATA to work with a Nettalk account.  However, I'm doubtful that using a different phone to internet adaptor would do much if anything about the OP's problem of latency.

cluckercreek

Wow! Where do you guys get this stuff? I'll download Fiddler2 and "fiddle" with it. It appears to be above my head but I'm willing to try it.

I have NetTalk forwarded to GV and it has eliminated the majority of latency. The reason I'm having an issue is I'm using these setups over Exede 12 Highspeed satellite service. I expect latency issues but the NT is bad at times. I'm going to switch to Obivoice as the GV expires. 

Thanks for your insight!!