News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Trying to set up Cisco IP Phone 303 and ObiTalk 202 -- need help

Started by pfilias, January 24, 2014, 10:58:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pfilias

Hello,

I just received my ObiTalk 202...and upgrade from my ObiTalk 110. I wanted to have 2 GV accounts set up: 1 for home and 1 for work.

However, I'm having the hardest time following the August 2012 information from this post: http://blog.obihai.com/2012/08/use-your-obi202-as-google-voice-gateway.html. It seems like some of the items have changed under expert configuration. Also, this Cisco IP Phone 303 web server is possibly the slowest interface I've ever seen. The admin/advanced configuration screen is taking forever to load (minutes) and it's still not done.

Does anyone have CURRENT experience in setting up the Cisco 303 phone with ObiTalk 202?

I would really appreciate it.

My setup with voice providers:
SP1: Google Voice for Home
SP2: Google Voice for Work
SP3: voip.MS for e911

I do realize I'll have to port my numbers over to another VoIP provider near May, when GV goes bye bye.

drgeoff

Quote from: pfilias on January 24, 2014, 10:58:35 AM
My setup with voice providers:
SP1: Google Voice for Home
SP2: Google Voice for Work
SP3: voip.MS for e911

I have no experience (even past) of doing this but if you get no other responses here is my tuppence worth.

That use of SP2 does not accord with the instructions you link to.  Specifically:

" Use ITSP Profile B and SP2 on the OBi202 configured as proxy for the IP phone."

So are you using SP4 as the proxy?  But SP3 (voip.MS) and SP4 (IP phone proxy) will both be using ITSP Profile B.  Does that work?  I don't know.  :)

Suggest you start by following the instructions to the letter; 1 GV account on SP1 and the IP phone proxy on SP2.  When that is working, move the proxy to SP4 and check.  When that is working add the 2nd GV account on SP2.  When that is working try to add the voip.MS account to SP3.

pfilias

I am going to be using SP4 as the proxy, but yes, I was going to be simple and follow the directions to the T and see what happens.