News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

IPComms free DID

Started by azrobert, January 24, 2014, 07:22:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gderf

What information was provided by IPComms?
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

azrobert

You would get a free service like Callcentric Freedom account or an account at SIP2SIP.
Register the OBi to the free service.

Login to your IPComms account and point your DID to the above account like:
SIP/17771234567@in.callcentric.com
or
SIP/userid@sip2sip.info

You can try pointing your IPComms DID directly at the OBi. I've had my IPComms DID for years and if I remember correctly I had audio problems trying this. I don't remember if I tried STUN.

SIP/robert@xx.xx.xx.xx:506x

xx.xx.xx.xx:506x is your public IP address and port number of the SP on your OBi.
In your router port forward 506x and the RPT ports to your OBI.

dircom

forgive my ignorance, but can you register it on the obi like like CC DID?
or do you have to use it like an IPKALL #, and fwd to something like CC DID?

this is the IP COMMS info provided when you sign up
phone # xxx-xxx-xxxx

SIP Information:
SIP Username: xxxxxxxxx
SIP Password: xxxxxxxxx
SIP Proxy: 2way.ipcomms.net

gderf

You have registration info there. Just use those settings with the Generic Service Provider.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

azrobert

Maybe I should apologize for my above suggestion. I use it like IPKall because I need it pointed to my provider. I never tried using it with my IPComms account.

You can try registering the OBI to your IPComms account and then point your DID to it.

SIP/username@2way.ipcomms.net

My IPComms account shows sipconnect.ipcomms.net as the SIP domain.

My OBi will not register to IPComms with sipconnect.ipcomms.net or 2way.ipcomms.net.
Maybe it's because it's an old IPComms account.

lhm.

CNAM served with this free DID? I used them for a couple years as a callback # for Sipsorcery outbound via GV. But they discontinued their free DID program back on 30 April 2013. It was a good service while it lasted. Not motivated to go back as IPKall and Callcentric (free DIDs) seem pretty stable of late.

dircom

got Inbound calls working with the help of IP COMMS tech support
under the NUMBERS & ROUTING tab
Destination
add SIP/username/username            (username is your ipcomms username)

FYI
I also asked how to get it to work with CallCentric and tech support says
"Unfortunately callcentric routing does not work  on our gateways because the way their DNS routing works."

deskjockey

dircom or anybody

I registerd a pc softphone without touching IPComms destination. Please show me which OBI settings items you filled in. I used the simple nonexpert method limited to the item list below. I'll fill in User Name and Password below but the others I can't figure out having tried using 2way.ipcomms.net in each box and various multiple boxes. I also tried different VOIP destinations at IPComms. If you used expert configuration on Obi please let me know the changes you made there

Service Provider Proxy Server   
Service Provider Proxy Server Port      
Outbound Proxy Server      
Outbound Proxy Server Port      
User Name        xxxxxxx
Password       xxxxx
URI

dircom

Quote from: deskjockey on January 25, 2014, 11:12:07 AM
dircom or anybody

I registerd a pc softphone without touching IPComms destination. Please show me which OBI settings items you filled in. I used the simple nonexpert method limited to the item list below. I'll fill in User Name and Password below but the others I can't figure out having tried using 2way.ipcomms.net in each box and various multiple boxes. I also tried different VOIP destinations at IPComms. If you used expert configuration on Obi please let me know the changes you made there

Service Provider Proxy Server               2way.ipcomms.net
Service Provider Proxy Server Port      
Outbound Proxy Server      
Outbound Proxy Server Port      
User Name        xxxxxxx                   xxxxxxxxxxxx
Password       xxxxx                         xxxxxxxxxxxx
URI

the items highlighted above are all I did to get outbound working on my Obi 202
For inbound to work I had to make changes on IPCOMMS website (noted in previous post)

deskjockey

DIRCOM

Thank you very much. I was sure that was it seeing it works my localphone line. I tried sticking Obi directly into the modem to see if it was a router problem and no help there. And I can't change the destination in IPComms so I suspect that may be the issue with me and maybe now you. Let me know any progress you are having with the recent problem. Check IPComms and let me know if you have it set up VOIP Yes or No.  No matter what I do, when I come back in it is set to NO.

carl

I would like to remind the folks here that ion the past a bunch of people lost their IPcomm's free DID's for different reasons. their regular DID's, especially the international ones, are quite expensive.
Since I am beyond the phase of rock bottom fishing and am quite happy with my free CC DID and my 1 $ /month Localphone DID's I will certainly pass on this one.   

deskjockey

Carl,

I also have localphone. It certainly offers great product features, especially for oversea calls. But for whatever reason, my past experience with IPComms, over one year ago, was better quality than localphone calls that once in a while are poor enough I must use another service. And I'm sure that depends on one's location to servers and other issues as everybody has different experiences with every provider. I was able to register localphone on Obi in 20 seconds and I can see that IPComms may be take a few weeks, if even possible. I think I'll try an old Linksys ATA I gave to somebody now not using it, to see if I can get that to register. 

mo832

Quote from: lhm. on January 24, 2014, 01:36:59 PM
CNAM served with this free DID? I used them for a couple years as a callback # for Sipsorcery outbound via GV. But they discontinued their free DID program back on 30 April 2013. It was a good service while it lasted. Not motivated to go back as IPKall and Callcentric (free DIDs) seem pretty stable of late.

This question was never answered. In my limited testing it appears IPcomms does NOT send CNAM, not even the generic kind with city/state. It seems to appear on the display just like GV callers (number only with no description).

Can anyone else using IPcomms confirm this yes/no ?

deskjockey

Taoman

Quote from: mo832 on May 15, 2014, 11:37:10 AM

Can anyone else using IPcomms confirm this yes/no ?

Only available on paid DIDs. I offered to pay extra for CNAM with their free DID but it was no go.