News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Ideas for a new OBI202

Started by Shameless, January 25, 2014, 01:59:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shameless

Here is alist of ideas for a new obi202. Please feel free to add your own ideas.
Please consider making new versions of the 202 and maybe the 110
Here is a list of improvements that are needed in the future.
While you have the best ATAs out there, we will need IPv6 in the future to contact another phone on the internet. This is a big deal unless you can come up with a work-around.
There are other things that would be helpful. I have listed some of them below. I think you can see that there is enough features that making new versions of each product a good idea. I think you could sell a large number of these.

1) You need to be able to send and receive calls to and from an IPv6 address. 
2) You also should consider supporting E164 but with a check-box to disable
3) You should also consider supporting local voicemail storage through a local SD card slot as a new product for each of  your existing products. Consider a new product for your 202 and 110 lines that are:
a) much faster
b) support the 722 codec
c) support local, multi-mailbox vmail/email with SD card slot or USB
d) checkbox enabled E164 support. This could be real handy for IPv6 addressing.
e) IPv6 support, possibly through official RFC through IEEE
f) T38 to PSTN fallback
g) one SFO port on all 202 boxes rather than an add on device. You could make two types one with, and one without.
h) full encryption support for sip.
i) provide for substituting an MP3 or 722 file for first dial tone. You should be able to store and choose 4 or 5 at least. We need to replace dial tone with a custom jingle.
j) You need a better ventilated case design. Consider as a model Cisco ATA cases or better yet motorola cable modem cases such as the 6141 or 6120.
k) you need to specify you 12v supply input is SLA battery compliant (14.7v-10v) or better yet (15v-8v)
l) The ATA should always understand RFC 5341, so that it will understand human readable phone numbers.