News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to do 2 calls at once on ObiVoice

Started by simpleAnswers, February 05, 2014, 02:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simpleAnswers

Does anyone know if ObiVoice has 1 or 2 Channels

With Obi202 and GV, it was possible to set it to handle 2 calls at once on the same GV number.
With GV if I have 3 forward numbers. If a call comes in and I answer it on number1. If another call comes in, I get a call waiting on number1, while number2 and number3 will still ring.

I noticed that if I forward GV to ObiVoice. If I get a call and answer it. If another call comes in and I forward to same Obivoice, when I try to answer I get a "Call from unknown number, press to answer" ???

DrewMan

If you mean 2 way calling... or what GV called conference calling... I was able to do this on Obivoice.  It was the standard way... called first party... flash... called second party... flash... all 3 (including me) connected.  Quality was pretty good.

simpleAnswers

Quote from: DrewMan on February 05, 2014, 06:43:05 PM
If you mean 2 way calling... or what GV called conference calling...

Close but not quite what I'm asking, although it sounds like they do have 2 Channels based on what you were able to do.

With GV and Obi202 I can set both PH1 and PH2 to use GV by setting SP1 for both PH. That way I can receive a call on PH1 and yet pick up PH2 and make a different call. GV does this easily. I could even set it so that PH2 only rings when PH1 is busy.

giqcass

Quote from: simpleAnswers on February 07, 2014, 03:32:09 AM
Quote from: DrewMan on February 05, 2014, 06:43:05 PM
If you mean 2 way calling... or what GV called conference calling...

Close but not quite what I'm asking, although it sounds like they do have 2 Channels based on what you were able to do.

With GV and Obi202 I can set both PH1 and PH2 to use GV by setting SP1 for both PH. That way I can receive a call on PH1 and yet pick up PH2 and make a different call. GV does this easily. I could even set it so that PH2 only rings when PH1 is busy.
Did you set the second phone port to use the SPX Obivoice is on as primary outbound?
Long live our new ObiLords!

intelafone

Obivoice does support 2 calls at once.  Just make sure to enable call waiting under your account settings to receive a second SIP call while already on the phone. 
Vestalink | XMPP Shutdown and Vestalink
BYOD Home VoIP Service | Approved Obihai Provider | Free GV Number Porting