February 23, 2019, 01:22:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ObiExtras License  (Read 338 times)
MrHomestead

« on: January 14, 2019, 05:18:40 pm »

Has ObiExtras been discontinued?  I tried to sign back up and the error message "license cannot be renewed!" pops up at the top of the dashboard in a yellowish box.
Kram82

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 07:39:48 am »

I just added a new Obi device to my existing account and wanted to make sure it was setup for ObiExtras and I see the same message. Sad
RFC3261

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 01:22:13 pm »

I just added a new Obi device to my existing account and wanted to make sure it was setup for ObiExtras and I see the same message. Sad
I would give it a few days to see if there is some glitch happening (the OBi portal is well known to have its bad days).

But I have to admit this certainly has all the symptoms of another "OBiPLUS" soft termination (no new customers, you can't extend your license, after a year or so the service is gone).  I have to say I would not be surprised that competing with ITSPs offerings is something that might have ended up on the cutting block for OBi/Polycom/Plantronics as part of a review of future business offerings.  But we really have to wait and see.  Try it again in a few days, and next week, and report back.
SteveInWA
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 03:41:47 pm »

I exchanged emails yesterday with the engineering team at Polycom.  They replied that the OBiEXTERAS service is still available, and they were taking care of the issue.

--Steve

Google Voice Forum Product Expert

https://support.google.com/voice/community
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: