News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBiTALK Approved Service Provider Program

Started by Marketing, February 11, 2014, 03:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackson

Well I like what I see. I'm a light, no frills needed, user.  I use GV as my primary and also have a second number (different area code) and e911 at Anveo which cost me ~$1.80/month.  This plan-> "Platform Minutes Included: Free 40 minutes per day".

So for an additional $1.53/ month I can now bump up to Free Incoming, 250 outbound /mon and 2 Concurrent Incoming Calls?

Is this correct?

Anveo's phone quality has been quite good and as far as support, a few questions I had were quickly answered by Anveo (and members) at DSLReports.

And call me old fashioned, but I want to use my phone's answering machine, so tired of the clearing GV's VM and message indicator.  With Anveo I can set (extend) the time before VM kicks in.

Time for the switch. :)

nubie

Does anybody know if Skype will work with Obi110?  Skype has a service for $2.99 a month subscription with unlimited calls to USA and Canada...I want my Skype number to ring on my house phone instead of just my computer...also so far I have to leave my computer on...must be a way...does anyone know about Skype internet phones...need something to plug into router instead of computer...thanks...aud

drgeoff

None of the OBi products support Skype.

Most so-called Skype phones are little more than USB handsets which require a running computer.  There are (were?) some phones that do natively support Skype but I've never had my mits on one.

QBZappy

@nubie

Welcom to the forum,

GXV3140v2 IP Multimedia Phone (Sip+native Skype+built in camera)
http://www.grandstream.com/index.php/products/ip-video-telephony/gxv3140

GXP2200 (Android phone) Sip+can install Skype. USB plug used for a webcam. ($158.00 Amazon) http://www.amazon.com/Grandstream-GXP2200-Enterprise-Android-Device/dp/B00A79G6CA

Xblue Skype Desktop Telephone
http://www.amazon.com/Xblue-Skype-Desktop-Telephone-SP2014/dp/B003X0BK9O/ref=pd_sim_e_2

Freetalk phone adapter
http://ca.freetalk.me/skype-adapters/phone-adapter-for-skype.html

I own both Grandstream models mentioned above. Skype works well enough on both models. Added advantage is that both can be used with a sip account. The android model is by far the one I have the most fun with.

Another way which I don't see mentioned often enough is using a smart phone. Android/apple/windows/Nokia all have the ability to install Skype in addition to functioning as a cell phone (Sip+Skype+Cell). If you want a dedicated appliance, I would even consider installing Skype on an Android tablet. The tablet work the same as an Android phone (Sip+Skype)
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

giqcass

Skype does have a service that will connect directly to any Obi without extra adapters but that service is pricey.

Free talk 1200 sounds most like the device you need.  It can plug in to the Obi110 or Obi2xx 3xx series with obiline adapter.  Currently the device is going for around $40 on Amazon.  A computer is only used to set it up.  After that the computer can be turned off.  Skype does NOT provide 911 service.

Skype can also forward to a phone number for free when you purchase a subscription like the $2.99 plan you talked about.
Long live our new ObiLords!

QBZappy

Quote from: giqcass on February 15, 2014, 02:27:25 PM
Skype can also forward to a phone number for free when you purchase a subscription like the $2.99 plan you talked about.

That is how I receive my calls. Works quite well. If you don't care using the computer for outbound Skype calls and are mostly interested in receiving Skype calls on your phone, that would work nicely.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Samardh

Hi,

Am another one of the ObiHai/Google Voice users thats thinking of switching to Anveo.  A few questions for the experts

a) Anveo call quality - anyone have experience with how their call quality is vs. the quality on Google Voice?
b) Outgoing calls on Anveo/ObiHai - I see that one can "spoof" the outgoing caller ID to be the Google Voice number.   However, can we still route our calls through Google Voice?  i.e., be able to seamlessly use our Google Voice account (and their call rates) to make International calls for e.g.?

Thanks

Sam

simpleAnswers

Quote from: Samardh on February 17, 2014, 09:46:01 PM
b) Outgoing calls on Anveo/ObiHai - I see that one can "spoof" the outgoing caller ID to be the Google Voice number.   However, can we still route our calls through Google Voice?  i.e., be able to seamlessly use our Google Voice account (and their call rates) to make International calls for e.g.?
No. If the outgoing call was being routed through GV why would they need to spoof the GV number? ???
The call will not show up in your GV call history, it goes through Anveo and Anveo spoofs your GV number.
Incoming calls that you route to your Anveo from GV will show up in your GV call history.

MikeHObi

a) Anveo call quality - anyone have experience with how their call quality is vs. the quality on Google Voice?

Calls forwarded to Anveo from google voice are subject to the same quality issues of any Google voice forwarded calls.  I have had no incoming quality issues on Anveo other than the random google voice problems that affects my Callcentric incoming as well.

My mom is using Anveo for incoming and outgoing and when I checked with her on Friday it has been working great.

Outbound calls via Google voice (after they shut off xmpp) can only be done via the webpage method.  You log into your google voice webpage, and tell it you want to place a call.  Tell it the number to call, and tell it the number to connect you.  Google voice will then call you and connect you to the outgoing call.  In that case the international part should be over GV, and the local charges would be through Anveo or whoever you use to complete the call to you.  In that case it may be cheaper to have GV call your cell phone to complete the call since most cell services now have "unlimited minutes".
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

Robert.Thompson

The call quality of Anveo is perfect (arguably, the best), with no irritating delays such as I have experienced with Google Voice.

Call quality is highly dependant upon on the quality of your internet connection - if that is good, so be will your Anveo/Obi calls.

Rob.
Rob. (Obi newbie.)

OBi 110 using Anveo - but presently testing AcroVoice
My blog: www.googlevoiceforcanadians.com

giqcass

Well I didn't do too bad on my guess of what we would be getting back in January.  I guess they didn't round up and they didn't decide to be "generous".

Quote from: giqcass on January 01, 2014, 01:52:59 PM
My first guess..........  Anveo

At this price point my guess is 300-500 outgoing minutes.

Completely guessing but this is my logic.  Anveo appears to be partnered with Obi based on their recomending them for 911.  Anveo has Geo caller Id so it's no stretch to think they would be willing to send our GV caller ID. Based on Anveo pricing schedules and the assumption we will get a small break for the year contract.

$3.33
-$0.80 caller ID

$2.53/$0.01= 253 minutes
I assume Obi negotiated some kind of price break so they round up to 300 minutes.  Based on the post I don't believe these minutes will roll over.  If they don't roll over and we figure in for users that won't use all of their minutes Anveo could be generous and add 200 minutes without affecting their bottom line.  Thus giving us 500 minutes total outbound.  

It is unlikely they could compete with magic jack  on outbound minutes because Anveo offers a higher level of service.  In addition Magic Jack is "Jacking" up their prices for those that want 911 calling.

I have no information that is not available to everyone else so don't ask me if I have any inside info.  This is just a guess.  For the noobs I don't work for Obi or Anveo.  Anyone elses guess is just as good as mine.

c3c3

I saw a coupon for signing up Anveo last week.  That thread seems to be gone.  Did the coupon expire?

c3c3

Quote from: Anveo on February 13, 2014, 01:46:01 PM
Quote from: CLTGreg on February 13, 2014, 01:09:28 PM
A couple notes about Anveo. There is no provision when going through the sign up to integrate this plan if you are an existing Anveo customer.
Anveo for OBiTalk packages are available for new customers which means that during signup process you will get a new Anveo account created.

I already have an Anveo account with existing balance, used for E911 only.  Am I forced to create a separate Anveo account if I want to enroll in the Anveo-Obihai plan?  Should I ask to have my current account closed and the balance refunded first?

HL_SD

Anveo international rates are too high. voip.ms is cheaper but cost $5.00 for 3500 incoming minutes. and additional 1.50 for e911.

dhfobi

Quote from: c3c3 on February 27, 2014, 09:59:46 PM
Quote from: Anveo on February 13, 2014, 01:46:01 PM
Quote from: CLTGreg on February 13, 2014, 01:09:28 PM
A couple notes about Anveo. There is no provision when going through the sign up to integrate this plan if you are an existing Anveo customer.
Anveo for OBiTalk packages are available for new customers which means that during signup process you will get a new Anveo account created.

I already have an Anveo account with existing balance, used for E911 only.  Am I forced to create a separate Anveo account if I want to enroll in the Anveo-Obihai plan?  Should I ask to have my current account closed and the balance refunded first?

I have the same question, any comment from ANVEO would be appreciated.

giqcass

Quote from: dhfobi on March 01, 2014, 12:46:12 PM
Why not ask Anveo?  You can't expect them to monitor every forum on the web.

c3c3

Quote from: giqcass on March 01, 2014, 06:40:44 PM
Quote from: dhfobi on March 01, 2014, 12:46:12 PM
Why not ask Anveo?  You can't expect them to monitor every forum on the web.

I did.  No response to my email sent to anveo.sales@anveo.com.

thunderstruck

Why not, the NSA does.

giqcass

Quote from: thunderstruck on March 02, 2014, 06:07:37 AM
Why not, the NSA does.
Well if you want to pay for NSA style surveillance they might have to raise the monthly price by a billion or so dollars.  Then they will know your phone is broke before you do. 

SteveInWA

Quote from: giqcass on March 03, 2014, 03:01:54 PM
Quote from: thunderstruck on March 02, 2014, 06:07:37 AM
Why not, the NSA does.
Well if you want to pay for NSA style surveillance they might have to raise the monthly price by a billion or so dollars.  Then they will know your phone is broke before you do. 

A rimshot and a round of applause for that one!  HA HA HA