News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBiTALK Approved Service Provider Program

Started by Marketing, February 11, 2014, 03:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandito

QuoteIncoming callerID name is not available

According to their obilite plan callerID name is included.

Marty.ba.calif.usa

Quote from: Brandito on March 19, 2014, 11:22:42 AM
QuoteIncoming callerID name is not available

According to their obilite plan callerID name is included.
Thanks for the update- I think they must have just added that, as I'm pretty sure it said no when I checked.  But I don't claim to be perfect, and I'm glad they have it.

Do you use them, or did you just see the features listed, like me?  If anyone uses them, I'd be very interested to know if they have any type of incoming call blocking other than by phone number.  This is my number one feature I want, to cut down on the telemarketers, especially the robo-calls, which should be easy to stop by adding any type of interaction at all.  But filtering by number just doesn't work for telemarketers who can and do change their number at will.

Brandito

I haven't started using anything other than gv and anveo e911 yet, waiting to see some more options. Phone Power seems like my most likely choice, so long as I hear good things about their reputation.

I suggest you go to their website and use their webchat support for your question. I connected to someone right away and they answered my questions about fax support and whether they could spoof my gv number.

Their 35 Dollar plan is cheaper than anveo and seems to offer more features and minutes.

justme

I am here as I've just found out about Google voice not being supported after May, 15th.  I bought 4 obi110 which will become garbage. I will use one for my mother with localphone, we use cellphones, anyhow. I don't know anyone willing to pay for VoIP, anymore. Localphone seems reasonable as it's 99 cents per month with setup ,one time charge of $3. Incoming calls are free and outgoing only 0.5 cents. We will dial back.

Ansextra

You don't know anyone willing to pay for VOIP any more?  My assumption is that these people just have mobile phones?  There are still those of us who are willing to pay for VOIP however and it's still a huge business I think.

dircom

Quote from: justme on March 19, 2014, 08:28:13 PM
I am here as I've just found out about Google voice not being supported after May, 15th.  I bought 4 obi110 which will become garbage.

when the Obi's become garbage to you, send me your address, and I will send a prepaid mailer, to recycle your garbage

AlanB

Quote from: justme on March 19, 2014, 08:28:13 PM
I don't know anyone willing to pay for VoIP, anymore.
Some of us still like landlines and VOIP can be much cheaper than Ma Bell with a lot more options too.

Lisa2

Can anyone confirm if any of the "OBiTALK Approved Service Providers" include a custom outgoing caller ID with the packages they offer.  I use my Obi for outbound calling only and I need the outbound caller ID to be the published number ( of a POTS line I still have ).  Is there a way to ask this question directly the companies offering approved plans before I sign up?
Thanks,
Lisa

Brandito

Phone power for sure has caller id spoofing. Pretty sure others have mentioned the same is available with anveo. You should be able to contract either company directly to make sure.

Johnny

Does anyone know if there's a way with Phone Power, to forward all calls to voice mail during different times of the day?  Like when you're sleeping.

Other providers have this feature but I can't seem to find it on Phone Power.

Thanks

Marty.ba.calif.usa

Actually, I seem to remember seeing a Do Not Disturb setting in the OBi device itself.  But it may only be an on/off setting.

AlanB

Quote from: Lisa2 on March 20, 2014, 10:09:28 AM
Can anyone confirm if any of the "OBiTALK Approved Service Providers" include a custom outgoing caller ID with the packages they offer.  I use my Obi for outbound calling only and I need the outbound caller ID to be the published number ( of a POTS line I still have ).  Is there a way to ask this question directly the companies offering approved plans before I sign up?
Thanks,
Lisa
Lisa,

Anveo will let you "spoof" your caller ID.  See http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7391.msg47302#msg47302 for this and some other things to know should you sign up.

rla0001

This approved provider program sounds all good at face value, but it appears that this pricing is only good for one year and then what happens? I certainly don't want to sign up with a good old approved provider only to see my plan disappear or my monthy voip pricing double this time next year.

One of the issues with voip in general is that companies seem to come and go and every several months you are either waiting for a lengthy number port, seeing pricing go up and down like a yo-yo  or having to change and reconfigure everything.

Does anyone know if there is any type of pricing guarantee once a obi customer jumps to one of these preferred providers or is this just a gimmick to get you on board and keep you from throwing your obi device out the window??

Johnny

I understand your concerns rla0001.

I am also concerned about what will happen a year from now with my PhonePower plan.

If for some reason they decide to raise the cost of the plan more than I can handle, I will simply find a cheaper provider.  Lots to choose from.

I think that fact alone will keep their prices at a reasonable level.

Whether or not you port a number or forward a number to these Obi approved providers, you can always port to another one or it's even easier to forward to another one, if you decide to change providers a year from now.

The prices and features that these providers are offering are really hard to beat.

A year from now? 

Who knows what will happen.......................

AlanB

I agree with the last post. It's so easy to switch companies tahtbim not too worried about next year either.

donport

On the topic of pricing and promotion, I took the advice of Brandito and had a web chat with PhonePower. I wish I had thought to take a screen shot, but didn't. Anyway, the rep did say that the price would continue even after the first year for OBi owners. But you have to sign up by May 15. And now reading the last comments on here, yes it is true there are plenty of providers and a lot of good pricing, if I have to switch again I can. The only thing that would bother me is that you can't always port your number. The number I have right now can't be ported by Anveo, but supposedly PhonePower can. I would hate to switch numbers every year or two.

nicmart

Looks like I'll be back to MagicJack or on to BasicTalk through Walmart. The Anveo PunyMinutes™ plans are a farce.

AlanB

Quote from: nicmart on March 24, 2014, 10:10:14 AM
Looks like I'll be back to MagicJack or on to BasicTalk through Walmart. The Anveo PunyMinutes™ plans are a farce.
Depends on how much you talk. It's been good for me.

If you don't like the Anveo plans don't write off PhonePower. Of course you may have missed that because Obihai really hid it in the forum.

Johnny

Decided to cancel service with PhonePower.

Didn't care for how they handled a few things.

I signed up for the lite plan at $34.99. Will they refund the entire amount since I don't have any of their hardware?

It's within their 30 day guarantee so we'll see.....