News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dial a prefix to choose the outbound SP

Started by ynat11, February 18, 2017, 08:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ynat11

Hi I want to set up my obi to call through an SP which isn't the default when dialing a certain prefix. Does anyone know how to do this?

restamp

**1 pre-pended to the number you're calling directs your call to SP1.  **2 to SP2.  **3 to SP3.  And I'll leave it to the reader to deduce what **4 does.

ynat11

Quote from: restamp on February 18, 2017, 11:34:34 PM
**1 pre-pended to the number you're calling directs your call to SP1.  **2 to SP2.  **3 to SP3.  And I'll leave it to the reader to deduce what **4 does.

Thanks!!!

tsvieps

:) That works. I can now call my cell phone, which Google, my SP1, thinks is the same as our house phone that is tied to the OBI. So I need to use a different number to call it, that is the number that our SP2 has as our house phone. What is nuts is that Obi does not say how to access alternate VOIP providers, even though they give instructions on how to set them up.

SteveInWA

Quote from: tsvieps on March 05, 2017, 06:22:36 PM
:) That works. I can now call my cell phone, which Google, my SP1, thinks is the same as our house phone that is tied to the OBI. So I need to use a different number to call it, that is the number that our SP2 has as our house phone. What is nuts is that Obi does not say how to access alternate VOIP providers, even though they give instructions on how to set them up.

This is the second time you have posted an unintelligible and unrelated post in somebody else's discussion.  No, Google Voice does not "think" that your cell phone is the same as your OBi-attached phone, unless you are using Sprint / Google Voice integration.

Please instead create your own, dedicated discussion.