News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Will Anveo Direct work with Obi devices?

Started by UserKL, February 20, 2014, 05:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UserKL

Will http://www.anveodirect.com/ services (termination & DID) work with Obi? if anyone's using it, care to share configuration tips? thanks

SteveInWA

That's Anveo's wholesale site.  See their main website for the consumer offering that works fine with OBi boxes.  In fact, Obihai chose Anveo as their partner for their new packaged offering.  Read through the forum.

http://www.anveo.com/

UserKL

It's both for wholesale and personal use. Someone on dslreport reported success setting up outbound calls on the obi202, using a voice gateway. Can any guru enlighten me how it can be done based on the information below? thanks

Can I SIP Register to Anveo Direct?
Anveo Direct does not support SIP Registration and incoming calls are forwarded to SIP URI.

Sending calls though Anveo Direct is easy!

1. Configure Outbound Trunk(s)
2. Send calls from authorized IPs to:

[PREFIX]PHONENUMBER@SBC.ANVEO.COM

where [PREFIX] is your custom configured prefix for the trunk and PHONENUMBER is destination phone number with country code.

Anveo Direct uses IP authentication for outgoing calls and incoming calls are sent to SIP URI so there is no need to "register" SIP server.
To place calls though Anveo Direct you need to create a peer as following

[anveo_direct_out]
type=peer
host=sbc.anveo.com
port=5060
insecure=port,invite
canreinvite=yes
disallow=all
allow=ulaw

giqcass

It's the same basic service.  The setup appears slightly different.  Does it actually provide a cost benefit over Anveo for consumers?  What are the rates? What are the minimums?

Primary issue I can see for setting this up.  You probably have a dynamic IP address.  The cost benefit would have to be pretty good to deal with the extra hassle.
Long live our new ObiLords!

UserKL

The rates are definitely worth it. Technically, how would I go about adding the prefix to the dial string? On FreePBX etc, I believe there's a setting for "Custom Dial String" SIP\[prefix]$out_num$@sbc.anveo.com

Sending calls though Anveo Direct is easy!
1. Configure Outbound Trunk(s)
2. Send calls from authorized IPs to:
[PREFIX]PHONENUMBER@SBC.ANVEO.COM

How can I make the obi do that?

UserKL

Never mind, I got it to work. The trick is to not leave AuthUserID blank, it will be used as your caller-id. Good luck people.

dpublic

Quote from: UserKL on February 22, 2014, 03:22:43 PM
Never mind, I got it to work. The trick is to not leave AuthUserID blank, it will be used as your caller-id. Good luck people.

This would be to set the outgoing gateway.
How about for incoming calls?
Would you use a dynamic DNS service and give Anveo Direct this domain?
What setting on the Obi matches the user part of the SIP URL?

volkswagner

I realize this is a very old thread, but I'm trying to
connect Anveo Direct with an obi200.

It seems authentication is required. I can't seem to get
a functioning trunk. I've tried no password, bogus password, etc.

Can anyone confirm if Obi devices can use IP Authentication
rather than user/pwd with SIP trunk provider.

I was going down the rabbit hole and though perhaps
a voice gateway would help, but it seems they require
user/password as well.

Cheers!

PS: FYI I'm mostly interested in Anveo Direct in this instance
for t.38 fax (not available with "regular" Anveo accounts).