News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

HELP! IPkall + Localphone weird issues

Started by mo832, February 24, 2014, 04:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo832

Quote from: giqcass on February 26, 2014, 12:03:12 AM

This number is completely free to call from localphone.  It is an echo test so you can make sure you have good 2 way audio on outbound calls.
883 5100 0000 0091

Interesting. Just for fun, I tried the above with my "known to work" (for incoming only so far) softphone registered with localphone. It dialed and the robot answered. But I never heard the echo in 2 tries.

Hung up, dialed the UA 800 number above, and the voice response worked perfectly. It could hear me and I could hear it.

mo832

S U C C E S S !!! !!! !!!
=============================

All it took was to enable STUN on the Obi.
The Localphone account successfully registered right up on SP1
Placed a call to UAL Auto voice response 800 #. It works as normal. 2way audio.
Called a normal number via the GV web interface call button, still fine.
Had a friend call me from outside line. Answered the phone and it works.

The only problem is using a free DID from Ipkall and going GV>ipkall>localphone SIP>Obi, the incoming caller id shows as 206-682-0185 for everything.
Oh well, just experimenting for now but at least it does work.

Did not even have to mess with the port forward thing.

mo832

Quote from: giqcass on February 24, 2014, 08:09:00 PM
Ipkall has been showing issues with CID.  As for the silence try setting a Stun server up for localphone.  In my  opinion you should try another free DID provider for incoming or get a paid DID from localphone.  $3 one time setup and $0.99 monthly for localphone paid DIDs. 

If you decide to use another incoming route like Callcentric Localphone can be set up as a Voice Gateway.  I did it that way so it doesn't take up a SP slot.  Voice Gateways are useful when a service will be used for outbound only calling.

Besides Ipkall and Callcentric, are there any other FREE DID providers? I only know of those two. Ipkall has been well documented to be screwy with caller id when combined with GV forwarding, and Callcentric (as far as I know) free DID only forwards to their own SIP acct.

lhm.

carl

Quote from: mo832 on February 25, 2014, 11:09:57 AM
1. So is it pretty certain that it's the IPkall DID that is corrupting the caller id? In other words, if you forward GV to another DID issued by another source, and then to a SIP provider including localphone or anyone else, it still passes the caller id info thru all those steps?

2. HOW CAN I FIX MY OBI AUDIO for localphone? Nothing else can move forward until I clear up this problem. I already can register the Obi with localphone's server, and the OBi can ring with the DID number, but once connected, the calls are not usable. One way audio only. Fixing the audio is the goal.

[Again, my hunch is it has something to do with my Uverse gateway, since I've read that others have had issues. Still, other phone providers work fine with my current setup]

I have U verse 3600HGV and it will not work with a number of SIP providers no matter what I try.
Either keep it in DMZ or use it as a pass through and put another router behind it.

mo832

In case you didn't catch that, I was able to resolve all issues with audio and registration by enabling STUN ;). Even with a 3600hgv.

MitchDeerfield

The STUN server solution worked for me as well.

I used:   stun.counterpath.net 

for the host.