News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Anveo for ObiTalk (Approved Service Provider)

Started by AlanB, March 04, 2014, 06:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c3c3

My data point for porting:
3/9 unlocked GV port out
3/13 sent porting form
3/14 Anveo acknowledged porting request
3/21 GV approved port out
3/24 Anveo email: porting almost complete
3/27 number switched to Anveo

Incoming caller ID to that ported number had a strange "empty...." string.  An email to Anveo support fixed that very quickly.

MikeHObi

Quote from: c3c3 on March 27, 2014, 01:01:05 PM
My data point for porting:
3/9 unlocked GV port out
3/13 sent porting form
3/14 Anveo acknowledged porting request
3/21 GV approved port out
3/24 Anveo email: porting almost complete
3/27 number switched to Anveo

Incoming caller ID to that ported number had a strange "empty...." string.  An email to Anveo support fixed that very quickly.

For me was similar.
3/17/2014 8pm Unlock GV Number and Request Port from Aveo.
3/18/2014 2pm Anveo Acknowledges Receipt of request.
3/25/2014 Notice and New Number appears from Anveo + charge for 11 months and 1 prorated.
3/27/2014 Port complete. Number no longer in google voice and calls now ring into Anveo.
I also have a strange "empty" string on CID.  Anveo is checking into it.  They claim it is an issue with the provider not completing the port properly.
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

c3c3

AlanB, did you have the "empty" string issue?  Since both MikeHObi and I have/had the same problem, that should be a systematic issue.

Both numbers are still in my Anveo account.  Now that the porting form has a checkbox for number replacement, I'll wait a few days to see if that will be done automatically.

MikeHObi

Quote from: MikeHObi on March 27, 2014, 01:52:30 PM

For me was similar.
3/17/2014 8pm Unlock GV Number and Request Port from Aveo.
3/18/2014 2pm Anveo Acknowledges Receipt of request.
3/25/2014 Notice and New Number appears from Anveo + charge for 11 months and 1 prorated.
3/27/2014 Port complete. Number no longer in google voice and calls now ring into Anveo.
I also have a strange "empty" string on CID.  Anveo is checking into it.  They claim it is an issue with the provider not completing the port properly.

Issue is now fixed with CID.  Only was a problem for a couple hours and Anveo got it fixed.  Note this is my 3rd number with them, first one ever ported.  The other numbers never had this issue so I think it is something with how their carrier is handling the port.  I believe they use Bandwidth.com which is the same place my number was with when attached to Google Voice.
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

ericab

when i ported my ATT landline into Anveo about 2 weeks ago, i had the same thing happen with 'emptyXXXXXXXXX'

it disappeared on its own in exactly 24 hours, and required no intervention fom anveo.

c3c3

http://www.anveo.com/anveoforobitalk.asp

Anveo Basic now has 333 minutes/month.  My account was automatically updated with more minutes.

The new $7/month plan is Just Right.  It was 1200 minutes (US, Canada, Puerto Rico) for most of yesterday, but it's now 1000 minutes to more countries.

AlanB

I noticed that I had 1000 minutes in my account and was going to post something but I couldn't access the forum.  Thanks for posting.

Obihai hasn't updated the Approved Service Providers page info yet though.

AlanB

Quote from: c3c3 on March 27, 2014, 02:06:28 PM
AlanB, did you have the "empty" string issue?  Since both MikeHObi and I have/had the same problem, that should be a systematic issue.

I never noticed it.

Marty.ba.calif.usa

Quote from: c3c3 on March 15, 2014, 12:09:19 PM
Quote from: Marty.ba.calif.usa on March 14, 2014, 12:52:25 PMThen I signed up for the Anveo personal account at $2.80/month.

Check this under "Manage Phone Numbers".  I have Basic, so there is no option for outbound CNAM:

"CallerID Name/CNAM Storage For Outbound Calls 

CallerID Name/CNAM is only available for phone numbers on Personal Unlimited or Office Unlimited rate plans."
Thanks; I set this at the beginning, but it never used it.  After a lot of research, I found that the way this works is to make an entry into a database, and can take a long time to register.  For some reason, another account I was testing, voip.ms, would show immediately, so I was confused.  I still am, and decided that using my one phone for testing isn't a good idea, as it seems that every system has a different method for callerID Name.  Plus, I found that most cell phones never show the CNAME, just the number, and the name you have in your contacts.  So, it doesn't really matter anymore to me.

c3c3

I can set the CallerIDName in Expert Configuration, and it shows up when I call another Anveo number.  Didn't work with the landline number that I tried.

c3c3

Quote from: c3c3 on March 27, 2014, 02:06:28 PM
Both numbers are still in my Anveo account.  Now that the porting form has a checkbox for number replacement, I'll wait a few days to see if that will be done automatically.

It did not happen automatically, so I sent them an email.  The number was replaced, but I did not get the credit back for the temporary Personal Unlimited charge.  However, I'm not going to bother them again for $1.xx.

It seems like the demand has picked up.  The port request (for my relative) was acknowledged two days after the request email.

c3c3

The free port offer (previously for the monthly plans) is no longer available.

AlanB

It's been over a month since I ported over to Anveo. Call quality has always been great.

c3c3

2nd account: No automatic phone number replacement, even though that box was checked on the porting form.  Contacted customer service to have it replaced.  No credit for the Personal Unlimited charge (<$1).

3rd account: Submitted port request on 4/7.  Anveo acknowledged on 4/9, and GV approved on the same day.  The original number was automatically replaced with the ported-in GV number on 4/13.  No need to contact customer service for this one.

kmiller

c3c3

Quote from: kmiller on April 14, 2014, 08:42:04 PM
Do the new plans include sms?

SMS is available, but not for free.

kmiller

SMS is available, but not for free.

I thought maybe it was not for free.

logicliker

A couple questions to the veteran posters here using Anveo.

I currently pay for an E911 via Anveo on my SP2, and use Google Voice Account on SP1.

XMPP won't be supported 1 month from now, so I need a new VOIP service provider.

I plan to keep my Obi110, and am considering Anveo. I am a total noob, who has no interest in this other than getting a working phone that I can continue to use Google Voice features with.

Is Anveo the best solution for this? And how do I go about setting this up with the new Anveo/Obi offer available? Do I overwrite SP1/Google Voice Account with Anveo?

Also, is Anveo compatible with Google Voice (e.g. outgoing caller id spoofing, and google voice number forwarding)?

Thanks.

AlanB

The "Is Anveo the Best Solution" topic will bring a lot of debate and is off-topic for this topic.  There are cheaper alternative for example.

If you do go with Anveo, I would suggest that you delete both SP1 and SP2 prior to starting since you don't need either.  At a minimum delete SP2 (e911) as discussed in the first post of this topic.

Yes, Anveo can "spoof" your GV number, and you can forward your GV number to your Anveo number.

logicliker

Thanks for the response.

Can you share what the cheaper option is?

I'm just looking for any bare-bones solution so that I can continue to use my Obi device with Google Voice number and Google Voice features (as I am now).

I'm not super VOIP expertly inclined, so I'm looking for as cheap and as simple a solution I can find.

Any direction would be extremely helpful. Thank you.