News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Using Obi with GV and Comcast Voice

Started by uk2eb, March 06, 2014, 05:06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uk2eb

Sorry in advance if this is a dumb question.  At the moment I use my OBI110 just with GV and it works fine. I would like to after May 15th keep receiving incoming calls from my GV number and use my Comcast Voice number for outgoing calls. I would also not want the attached phone to ring for incoming Comcast calls only GV. 

Thanks in advance

dircom

you could get a free CallCentric DID, and fwd your Comcast calls to CallCentric Voicemail
but your phone will probably ring once, every time a call was forwarded

uk2eb

Thanks for the reply. At the moment I do not use my Comcast number at all but as I have it bundled I was thinking it makes sense for outgoing calls after May 15th. Is there any way to have the Obi only ring for GV calls and ignore the Comcast number except when I pick the phone up for an outgoing call ?

giqcass

Welcome to the forum.  Do you plan to use the Comcast number as a forwarding number for GV? If so the Comcast number must be able to ring.

If you use the Comcast number for outgoing calls it will show the Comcast number as caller ID.

Does your subscription plan on Comcast offer Call forwarding?

One possible solution.
Quote from: dircom on March 06, 2014, 08:31:02 AM
you could get a free CallCentric DID, and fwd your Comcast calls to CallCentric Voicemail
but your phone will probably ring once, every time a call was forwarded
What he said.  Actually it won't ring at all if you place this in the inbound callroute for the line port.  For the example we are assuming SP2 is a sip provider and we are assuming you decided to use Callcentric.  177xxxxxxxx or xxx represents an extension you created on Callcentric that goes directly to voicemail.  If you use a SP not actually registered to Callcentric use the first example.  If you use a SP registered to Callcentric(same account you are forwarding to) use the second example.

{sp2(177xxxxxxxx@in.callcentric.com)}
or
{sp2(xxx@callcentric.com)}

Long live our new ObiLords!

uk2eb

Thank you for the reply and sorry in advance for all the dumb questions.

I was not planing on using the Comcast number as a forwarding number for GV. I was just going to let the Obi handle incoming calls to my GV number (which I believe will still work after May 15th) My Comcast number does offer call forwarding and the reason I still have it is that it was part of a bundle deal. I have never used the number or given it out to anyone and have left it unplugged due to the spam calls that come through on it which is why I didn't want it to ring  :) It seemed using the Comcast number after May 15th for outbound calls was the easiest solution.

If I got a free Callcenrtic DID would I be able to spoof the Caller ID to my GV number ?

Again thank you in advance for your help.

dircom

sorry for the dumb question, but have you tried looking this up?
callcentric spoof caller id
I get this answer
http://www.callcentric.com/features/external_caller_id