News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

URGENT - Help needed with DigitMap !

Started by sidlog, March 06, 2014, 05:09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sidlog

Hello,

I successfully installed ObiOn and it works great.

My question is - if I use the DigitMap configuration to limit calls to specific countries, will the ObiOn follow the same calling rules if my ObiOn is defined with Obitalk credentials ?

Thank you !

Sam

KAura

Quote from: sidlog on March 06, 2014, 01:20:56 PM

Hello again, Mango and thank you for your support...

...(1)   I was able to call to number (within country code 31) except for those start with 6 (cell phone) which is exectly what I wanted to prevent, so it is great...

Sam

I don't see it used much, but barring #'s is also mentioned, e.g. !6

ianobi

@ Sam

Your OBiON softphone number is now in your "Circle of Trust". Don't worry if you cannot see it there! This has changed your OBiTALK InboundCallRoute to something like this:

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute:
{(290123456)>(xx.):sp1},{(290123456):aa},{ph}

Where 290123456 is your softphone number. (xx.) allows any number to be dialled. To do what you want change it to this:

{(290123456)>(Msp1):sp1},{(290123456):aa},{ph}

Now calls coming in from your OBiON using sp1 will be subject to the same rules as dialling from the phone attached to your OBi.

ianobi

@ KAura

You are quite right about the barring symbol "!". However, it can get complicated using it in digit maps regarding rules of precedence. For example, if you have a "!6" rule and a "xx." rule in the same digit map, it is not always clear which rule will win.

This becomes a real problem with embedded digit maps. There is a post somewhere in this forum by me showing various tests - if anyone is that interested   :)

sidlog

@ianobi

Thank you again for your help. I did exactly as you proposed but faced another issue.

Once I dial a number from ObiOn, now the call to the number I want to block does not go through as it was before, so it is good. Instead I hear Obi attendant asking whether to continue a call (option 1) or other options. When I press 1, the phone number defined as SP2 rings...

Could you please advise ?

Thank you again,
Sam

ianobi

Sam,

This is normal OBi behaviour. Looking at the InboundCallRoute:

{(290123456)>(Msp1):sp1},{(290123456):aa},{ph}

This rule {(290123456):aa} says if no digits, or digits that are not recognised, are received from the softphone number, then connect the call to the Auto Attendant.

If you have no need for the aa, then you could simply delete the rule and have:

{(290123456)>(Msp1):sp1},{ph}

If you would like access to the aa, then you could set up a code such as:

{(290123456)>(Msp1):sp1},{(290123456)>**0:aa},{ph}

This would allow access from the OBiON app to the aa by dialling **0 - same as from the phone connected to your OBi.

sidlog

Hi again,

I did what you suggested, but still don't get what I need.

So again: I have Obi 100. SP! defined for outgoing calls. SP2 for incoming.

Here is my DigitMap rule:

Service Providers->ITSP Profile A General -> DigitMap (1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|0033[1-57-9]xxxxxxxx)

In other words I would like to allow phone calls only to country 33 to numbers start with 1 to 5 and 7 to 9. phones).

When I dial a number from my phone (not from ObiOn) - everything works great: when I call to other country rather than to code 33, call dropped. When I call to 31 to numbers start 1-5 and 7-9 all is good and when to numbers start with 6 - call drops. GREAT.

BUT !!! when I use Obion, ALL PHONE CALLS I MAKE are transferred to my SP2 (phone at home)!!!

Please let me know how to resolve this.

Thank you !

What happens now, is that when I dial to a number such as

ianobi

Sam,

Looking at this:

Are you sure that you have replaced 290123456 with your actual softphone number? Calls coming in from any other OBi CallerID will ring your phone.

You can check in Status > Call History to see if the OBi CallerID of the incoming call from OBiON matches the number you have in place of 290123456.

Status > Call History is only available by accessing your OBi local web page, not via the OBiTALK portal.

A call not matching the first rule {(290123456)>(Msp1):sp1} will by default be picked up by the second rule {ph}. To make "not allowed" calls drop to nowhere try this:

{(290123456)>(Msp1):sp1},{(290123456)>(xx.):},{ph}

Any call matching Msp1 will be routed to sp1, other calls from your softphone number will be rejected.

sidlog

Clear. I tried it and looks like the latest rule you provided works. Will also test it more tomorrow.

One more question not related to this topic - how do I remove accounts from my circle of trust ? I mean - I tried to press the "remove' button, but nothing happens...

Any suggestions ?

Thanks,
Sam

ianobi

As far as I know you need to click on the account to remove then click on the remove button. To be honest, I never use the "Circle of Trust" or "Trusted Callers" functions. What both functions do is change various InboundCallRoutes and I would rather change these myself directly.

Let me know how you get on testing tomorrow. It's getting late in my time zone here, so I may put my feet up now and have a glass of something  :)