News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

EndHoldingCallWhenHangUp Not Working

Started by Woodwards, March 09, 2014, 04:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodwards

I have the following parameters configured on my Phone 1 Physical Interface in an attempt to be able use flash to put a caller on hold, and then hang up. I do this when I have to go find my wife in the yard or someplace where I cannot bring the phone to her.

Under Physical Interface -> Phone 1 -> Calling Features:

EndHoldingCallWhenHangup: <unchecked>
MOHServiceNumber: music@iptel.org

What I thought I was to do to put someone on hold is hit flash on my phone. Then when I get the second dial tone, I can hang up and the Obi continues to bridge the music on hold to the caller (who will also be on hold) until I pick up the phone off hook again.

What is happening is the caller is placed on music on hold until I hang up. then the call is torn down on the obi talk.

Can someone confirm this is a bug or let me know what I am missing here?

ProfTech

I don't think the entry that you have in the MOHServiceNumber is valid. What should be happening is exactly what you say except the Obi will ring your phone a short burst every 30 seconds or so to signal you that you have someone on hold. Try clearing the MOH line and resave. My phone has an actual "hold" button so I never tried using flash that way but I tried using flash and it does work.

giqcass

ProfTech  might be right about the MOH.  I specify which service provider (SP) or which Voice gateway(VG) should be used to connect to MOH.  In my case I use Voice gateway 1.  If you don't specify a what service to use that may cause an error when the default SP can not connect to a sip address. 

VG1(14153767253@podlinez.com:5060)
Long live our new ObiLords!