News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

April Fools' Day?

Started by reltub, April 01, 2014, 05:04:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reltub

The phone woke us at ~5am this morning. I answered the first, no response, hung up, a new call, same thing, and so on. After 3 iterations, I unplugged the phones and returned to bed.

The obi202 webpage showed the following information:

Call 15   04/01/2014    04:58:28   
04:58:28   From '2001' SP3(2001)   Fork to:
PH1
PH2
04:58:28      Ringing (PH1)
04:58:28      Ringing (PH2)
04:58:48      Call Connected (PH1)
04:59:01      Call Ended

And so on. I believe these calls originated from the obi device itself. Can anyone explain what might be going on?

ianobi

reltub

Quote from: ianobi on April 01, 2014, 06:00:20 AM
You are suffering from "SIP scanners".

See:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5467.msg35387#msg35387

Thanks for the information. I have a question:
Voice Service -> SPX Service -> X_EnforceRequestUserID
is checked for each SP. IIUC, this enforces a rule similar to #4 in the recipes you cite.

The X_ContactUserID field is blank, though. Does this mean that it will match
everything? and therefore the rule is actually being short-circuited?

ianobi

I don't have an OBi202, so I can't comment on those settings. There appears to be no information regarding them in the Admin Guide. Maybe someone with an OBi202 will comment.

With my two OBi110s I use Methods 2 & 4 in the post I gave the short cut to. I never have any problems with SIP scanners etc.

gderf

Those are new settings that showed up with the latest firmware recently. As usual, the updated documentation is always behind the software, if the updates show up at all.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

reltub

After a few hiccups, I have been able to test #4. It appears
to work:

-without the rule, I can phone my obi without the correct AuthUserName from a sip client (ekiga);
-with the rule, I need the correct AuthUserName, otherwise I get a busy message.

Quote from: reltub on April 01, 2014, 06:48:26 AM
Voice Service -> SPX Service -> X_EnforceRequestUserID
is checked for each SP. IIUC, this enforces a rule similar to #4 in the recipes you cite.

I can't seem to get this to work for me. It would be nice to know how it is expected to work.