News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cheapest VOIP provider for OBI100/110 etc..

Started by clawdogs, March 14, 2014, 12:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnnG

Quote from: dircom on March 24, 2014, 07:04:28 AM
Weird that monthly Pots Line taxes alone, are more than some monthly VOIP bills.

RIGHT!?!?

LMAO!

clawdogs

Yea, it's really a great value.  Just to reiterate, the cost of a Vestalink plan is roughly equal to or less than what you would pay a traditional local carrier (POTS) in taxes alone.. I'm going on 1 and 1/2 months with zero issues.  I have nothing negative to report with my Vestalink service.  Zero.  Zip. Nada. It's been up and running without a single glitch since I signed up.  I'm very happy with this option. If you are one of the few people who has recently signed up, share your story..   
Free 30 day Trial with your Obi device http://www.vestalink.com/ (Customer using OBI100 with ported GV number)

Diane

Trying to get my OBi100 and hooked up w/Vestalink but can't get a PIN sent (called) to me.  Can't receive the PIN texted because this is a landline phone at home, not my cell.  Anyone having trouble obtaining the PIN in the final setup stage? 

clawdogs

Hi. Did you try contacting customer service?  I think my pin was emailed..
Free 30 day Trial with your Obi device http://www.vestalink.com/ (Customer using OBI100 with ported GV number)

Diane

Thanks for the idea.  I'll give it a try.  Having to put my laptop in the shop tomorrow a.m. but may try once it's fixed. 

obsrd

hi. i registered to thank you very much for this post. this was by far the easiest install for me. took me less than 5 minutes and i had a dial tone.  i will be porting my gvoice number but for now forwarding seems to work just fine.  i signed up for the 2 year unlimited plan so i don't have to keep track of minutes.  i've been using it for about 2 weeks now and not a problem yet.  the price i paid for 2 years is what i pay verizon for a single month right now for my cell phone.. sweet.  lol. thanks you!!

Sam_from_CircleNet

dircom,
The taxes are the reason that we decided not to provide inbound service. We discovered the cost of taxes and state level compliance were almost twice the cost of providing the service.  ???
Sam
CircleNet

mellaby

Trying to sign up for Vestalink. I can't find a location with any phone numbers.

clawdogs

Quote from: mellaby on May 07, 2014, 11:08:08 PM
Trying to sign up for Vestalink. I can't find a location with any phone numbers.

Hi mellaby. what do you mean?  Follow link in my signature below. Cust service is available via email.. support@vestalink.com from 9AM–6PM Pacific Time, Monday–Friday

Rick

Quote from: clawdogs on May 15, 2014, 07:33:33 AM
Today is officially the last day of XMPP on Google Voice :(

REALLY?  OH MY GOD!

dircom

- FIRST WORLD PROBLEM - !*

Harley

Spent the last couple weeks looking over these forum posts trying to find the service that would be best for me since google is going away. I have looked over several of the approved service providers and have decided to go with Phone Power. I decided to go with the one year lite plan for $34.99 a year, and can update to the unlimited plan in the future if necessary. So far the service has been great and the services they provide seems to be very good, I have chatted with them on line and that alone to be able to communicate with someone is great. When it comes to communicating Obihai isn't very good, they are a so called technology company and to be able to communicate with someone from Obi is sad, their responding to trouble tickets are really lacking. I use my phone primarily for residential service as a home phone and don't make international calls. I am retired and now live in Florida and decided to post my experiences with this dilemma  so others might be a little better informed of what actions others are taking.

clawdogs

Quote from: Harley on May 15, 2014, 10:13:30 AM
Spent the last couple weeks looking over these forum posts trying to find the service that would be best for me since google is going away. I have looked over several of the approved service providers and have decided to go with Phone Power. I decided to go with the one year lite plan for $34.99 a year, and can update to the unlimited plan in the future if necessary. So far the service has been great and the services they provide seems to be very good, I have chatted with them on line and that alone to be able to communicate with someone is great. When it comes to communicating Obihai isn't very good, they are a so called technology company and to be able to communicate with someone from Obi is sad, their responding to trouble tickets are really lacking. I use my phone primarily for residential service as a home phone and don't make international calls. I am retired and now live in Florida and decided to post my experiences with this dilemma  so others might be a little better informed of what actions others are taking.

Hi. did you get a promo price?  I checked Phone Power plans before I signed with Vestalink and the cheapest price I could find was for $99.95 for 1 year and after taxes and surcharges it was actually $147.22..  That's not a great deal. Vestalink currently offers 2 years unlimited for only only $99 with BYOD and taxes are included in that price..

Harley

If you are bringing you own OBI device to Phone Power this is the offer that is posted on the Obihai website for approved providers. Personally I think this is a great deal, but it's your choice.

Phone Power, one of the largest VoIP providers in North America, is pleased to offer an exclusive promotion to Obihai customers. With live US-based support 7 days a week, a fault-tolerant geo-redundant network, and consistently high marks for Customer Service, Phone Power was awarded #30 by INC Magazine for the Fastest Growing Companies in America. All customers receive our crystal clear digital sound quality, advanced call forwarding and call blocking, voicemail, voicemail-to-email, and a host of other features.
Offers:
OBi Lite
$34.99/year
No hidden fees. Includes all taxes.
$2.92/month - Billed Annually

US or Canada phone number
Free incoming calls
300 outgoing minutes/month to USA and Canada
Live US-based Support 7 days/week at no charge
Show Details
OBi Unlimited
$59.99/year
No hidden fees. Includes all taxes.
$5/month - Billed Annually

US or Canada phone number
Free incoming calls
Unlimited outgoing minutes/month to USA and Canada
60 min/month of international calling to 55 countries
Live US-based Support 7 days/week at no charge

clawdogs

phone power's lite plan only includes 300 minutes vs 500 minutes for vestalink's lite plan and for the same yearly price of $34.99. That's a difference of 2400 minutes.  i do like the unlimited phone power plan though which is very comparable. does phone power include an app like vestalink?  i have the same gvoice ring-to feature as well and it's great to receive calls when i'm away from my home phone..

Harley

Wow, Wait a minute the PP's lite plan of 300 minutes you refer to is for outgoing minutes only and vestalink's lite plan The 500 minutes is a combination of incoming plus outgoing minutes. To keep the playing field even lets just assume that you use half and half, outgoing vs. incoming that would equate to 600 minutes for PP, however your incoming minute usage  could be much higher with PP but remember your only charged with outgoing calls using PP and are charged both ways with the other service you mention. Hope this clarifies the issue a little.

spamito

lol, that's why people should just go with unlimited, like i did.  you guys are splitting hairs on usage minutes that are way limited..  both lite plans suck.  i went with vestalink's unlimited plan to avoid exactly this.  who wants to keep track of minutes?  come on people, it's cheaper than a few subway sandwiches and chips for the year..  ;D

rastoma

So GV is still going strong....  and now ring.to offers free voip service too.  Whose mad they jumped ship too soon? :)

clawdogs

I wish I could say I was mad but my service is still going way strong with Vestalink.  The service is greater than any free voip provider at an exceptional cost.  just got an email and they have a promo through the end of July that makes it even cheaper:

$50 off until July 31st using coupon code "julysavings" on the 2 year unlimited plan

$40 off until July 31st using coupon code "julysavings2000" on the 2 year 2000 minutes a month plan

$30 off until July 31st using coupon code "julysavings500" on the 2 year 500 minutes a month plan

not hating on free, but this is just better than the "free" options i've tried, hands down..

cluckercreek

I'm not the least upset in porting out of GV to Vestalink. I have had great service and I got another GV number to use. If it is cut off, nothing lost. If not, I have an additional number which is great as well.