News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New Setup no phone line light or dial tone

Started by Reena, April 01, 2014, 11:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reena

No Dialtone on phone to configure new OBI202
I am trying to add the new OBI202 I recvd, I have connections exactly as mentioned. Power LED is green and next one blinks intermittently showing some data exchange but Phone LED is not lighted up. I replaced wires exactly to a provider instrument that was working.
What is wrong? I cannot dial anything to get IP Address to add the device ..
It is powered and connected presently

MikeHObi

Quote from: Reena on April 01, 2014, 11:05:05 AM
No Dialtone on phone to configure new OBI202
I am trying to add the new OBI202 I recvd, I have connections exactly as mentioned. Power LED is green and next one blinks intermittently showing some data exchange but Phone LED is not lighted up. I replaced wires exactly to a provider instrument that was working.
What is wrong? I cannot dial anything to get IP Address to add the device ..
It is powered and connected presently

Make sure the phone cord you are using to attach your phone to the obi is plugged into the #1 port on the obi and that there is nothing wrong with the phone cord or plug.
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

Reena

Yes it is connected to Port 1 and the same phone and cord works with the old phone adapter. Should there be dialtone to dial *** numbers? I have not yet registered in obitalk. Sent a support e-mail but no reponse it has been 10 Hours.

MikeHObi

you should get dial tone even if it isn't regsitered as it simulates it.  Sounds like you may have received one that either has a bad configuration or is defective.
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

Reena

I am not able to reach the vendor I bought it from. What is OBHAI policy of getting a replacement and how do I approach it?

drgeoff

I'm fairly sure that the Phone LED being off is not caused by any problem with the phone instrument or cord.  (With my OBi110 the LED can be on even with the phone cord unplugged from the OBi.)  Rather the LED should be steadily lit when the OBi has registered to the Service Provider.  (Which obviously it isn't as you haven't got to that stage yet!)

However you should have dial tone.

I'd try a hardware reset.  See method 3 at http://blog.voipdiy.com/2013/07/obihai-obi202-resetrestore-factory.html.

Warranty procedures depend on the country you are in.  You haven't said where you are.  That usually means you are in the USA.  Cant help you there.  I'm in the UK where the vendor is responsible.