News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

PhonePower for Obihai

Started by Weiyi, March 15, 2014, 11:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weiyi

Hi,

I clicked through the link on obitalk, registered and paid for phone power service. It worked. Unfortunately I had it on SP4, and would like to move it to SP1. I tried to remove SP4, and re-provision on SP1, but it asked me to pay again. How can I re-provision phonepower on Obihai?

Thanks,

gderf

You should have been provided with or otherwise have access to the SIP credentials necessary to provision the service by hand. Do you have them?
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

Terry

Quote from: gderf on March 16, 2014, 06:06:48 AM
You should have been provided with or otherwise have access to the SIP credentials necessary to provision the service by hand. Do you have them?

I'm thinking the "Approved Service Providers" (Anveo and PhonePower) are using locked-down-provisioning to make things simpler/easier for mere mortals (that is, harder for the idiots to screw up  :P ). At least with Anveo, the SIP credentials are not being provided.

With Anveo "Approved Service Provider", when they go to set it up again, people have reported that there is a fine print option/link before you make a new account that lets you re-provision using the same account and settings.

If the OP (Weiyi) tries it again, experiments and/or hunts around for small print, maybe s/he will find what the PhonePower re-provision secret is. Maybe even make a screen shot or write "the missing instructions" section. Become a Hero to others in the same predicament!

gderf

If using locked-down to OBi provisioning is part of a special offer, then that's fine so long as that detail is revealed before signup. If that wasn't revealed, then I would both expect and insist that the SIP credentials be available to the customer so that another device other than an OBi could be used if desired.

QBZappy

Quote from: Terry on March 16, 2014, 10:10:08 AM
..., the SIP credentials are not being provided.

Are you certain about that. Perhaps you need to look inside your unit. To date I have not seen any provisioning that has not populated the relevant fields in the client unit directly. Have a look where the sip credentials are inserted in the OBi unit (SIP Credentials).
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

gderf

Yes, the SIP credentials are in the unit......until that SP is erased.

jmsnyc

Are there any other threads discussing the new Phone Power promo.  I searched but did not find anything.

ericab

Quote from: QBZappy on March 16, 2014, 01:10:40 PM
Quote from: Terry on March 16, 2014, 10:10:08 AM
..., the SIP credentials are not being provided.

Are you certain about that. Perhaps you need to look inside your unit. To date I have not seen any provisioning that has not populated the relevant fields in the client unit directly. Have a look where the sip credentials are inserted in the OBi unit (SIP Credentials).

Anveo does not provide credentials on the Basic or Basic Plus plans.
i emailed anveo support, (and 1 week later got a reply.....)

1)  how do i get SIP username / password credentials for my softphone (android) ? it says "Access to SIP credentials (username/password) is restricted on your subscription package. However, you can still configure other SIP related options. "

You have OBITALK special package which is for OBI devices only and comes with auto-provisioning option and thus access to SIP account credentials is not available.

not really happy about this.

giqcass

Quote from: Weiyi on March 15, 2014, 11:02:58 PM
Hi,

I clicked through the link on obitalk, registered and paid for phone power service. It worked. Unfortunately I had it on SP4, and would like to move it to SP1. I tried to remove SP4, and re-provision on SP1, but it asked me to pay again. How can I re-provision phonepower on Obihai?

Thanks,

For reference there is no need to switch a provider from slot SP4 to slot SP1.  Any service provider can be set as the primary incoming/outgoing service for any port and for the AA.  It's just easier to do that then it is to switch slots.

In order to fix your issue now you should contact Obihai with a support ticket.  They will probably just reprovision it for you.
Long live our new ObiLords!

Weiyi

PhonePower can be configured to enable SIP Credentials. They will stop giving you technical support if you do it. But after enabling it you have your regular sip user id and password and my obihai worked fine now.

BHochstrasser

I don't know if this helps or not, but I have a couple of Obi100 devices and I was able to go through the PhonePower setup a couple of times without any major issues.  Because they auto-provision, here are the steps I took.

De-coupled any provider from SIP1 and SIP2 on the Obi100.
Deleted the Obi100 from ObiTalk.
Using a paperclick, held the reset for 15-20 seconds until I got a fast blinking green light to properly factory reset.
From ObiTalk, Add New Device.
Entered the "**5-xxxx" code from my phone handset to register the factory reset device with ObiTalk.
Setup new provider for Obi100 within ObiTalk, choosing PhonePower.
Entered my existing PhonePower login credentials.
Choose the correct Obi100 and SIP1.
Done!

JohnnyP

Quote from: giqcass on March 16, 2014, 06:41:42 PM
Quote from: Weiyi on March 15, 2014, 11:02:58 PM
Hi,

Thanks,

For reference there is no need to switch a provider from slot SP4 to slot SP1.  Any service provider can be set as the primary incoming/outgoing service for any port and for the AA.  It's just easier to do that then it is to switch slots.

In order to fix your issue now you should contact Obihai with a support ticket.  They will probably just reprovision it for you.

Can you help me understand what you said in this post? I have GV on SP1, Phonepower on SP2. Should I leave it like this and just set SP2 as the primary incoming/outgoing service?

Thanks