News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Phone Power / Obi 200 started today BUT...

Started by Franksr, March 20, 2014, 11:01:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franksr

After doing the firmware upgrade, my Phone Power connection was working.
I'm still using my Google Voice number with the Phone Power number now.
I call outbound and my caller I.D shows my GV# to whom I'm calling.
If anyone calls my GV# number my phone rings and works just fine EXCEPT.

EXCEPT. When I call my GV voicemail I now get a recording that says the
number I'm calling is REJECTED by Service Provider - Reason #487

I can not access my GV Voicemail!

What is that and how do we get this corrected?

gderf

Ask Phone Power - they are the ones who will not route your call.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

azrobert

You are spoofing your GV number with Phone Power. Correct?

When you call your GV number with a spoofed number, GV thinks someone is trying to hack your account and rejects the call.

Is there a way to use the real Phone Power callerid number when calling GV?

Franksr

Yes, I am spoofing my GV#.  I need to contact Phone Power and will let you know.

Thanks.

azrobert

Do you still have GV setup as an outbound provider?
Call you GV number from GV and you will get VM. This will work until May 15th.

giqcass

Whenever I have spoofed my number and called GV I have not had this error.  Has anyone else got an error when calling GV from a spoofed number?  Is this just a phonepower issue?
Long live our new ObiLords!

giqcass

I redact my prior comment.  I do experience a problem when calling my GV number from localphone while spoofing my GV number.  I don't get an error but I hear ringing and Google doesn't pick up or forward the calls. I tested calling my GV number well spoofing a different number and that works just fine. I am going to try spoofing with a couple different providers.  I wonder if this is a security update from Google?

I have Spam filter turned off on Google Voice.  I thought that might be the problem but I guess not.

Franksr

azRobert, Obi changed the sip setting once they seen I signed up for Phone Power.

Anyway, I emailed support@phonepower and they replied back that it was taken care of.  However, what they did was changed my Callerid # to their number but at least I can get my GV voicemail now.

Thanks for your help!

Franksr

gigcass, I did email support@phonepower back and said "what I meant to ask was can you set the callerid that you changed just for calling that number and leave the other one for all other outbound calls?"  I have not received a reply back from them.

giqcass

@ Franksr  please let us know what you think of the service in a month or so.

AnnG

I have been using the phonepower service for about a week now. The service is great! No complaints.

My only issue is that while I'm using the OBiPLUS (basic) on my system with all 4 slots on the OBi202 enabled and setup...when I try to deposit voicemail to their voice mail using the 3 digit extension of 402 (OBiPLUS config setting is "*21,,#", where *21 is to access the voicemail system and assuming that ",," will add about 4 second pause and "#" is the command to let voicemail know that a message would like to be left and should activate the outgoing greeting from phonepowers voicemail system. However, it appears that when "402" is dialed from the port that physically holds the credentials for the phonepowers service, I get a message from phonepowers system voice stating that the "the number you have dialed could not be recognized, please try again". However, if I dial 402 from any other port, the system accurately places the call into the voicemail system of the google voicemail system because of the "selective call forwarding" setup on phonepowers web portal stating that if the number which is program on SP3 and/or SP4 is an incoming call, forward it to the googlevoice telephone number (which is no longer programmed into the OBi202 because it caused a problem the second I signed up with the phonepower service and replaced the same googlevoice number a week ago..I had tried to program SP3 with the googlevoice number that phonepower replaced and it caused conflicts with answering the calls so I removed it and replaced it with what I had setup on SP3 prior)... on the googlevoice web portal settings, I created a contact adding the phone numbers which are setup on SP3 and SP4...added them to a "group" called "AUTO ATTENDANT DO NOT DELETE" then went into the settings where the "GROUPS & CALLS" under settings for GoogleVoice settings and change the group settings to "Send calls to Voicemail". Now, when dialing 402 from the ports on the OBi202 (because the "voicemail" settings in OBiPLUS is set up to dial from the SP3 port) goes to voicemail...except on port SP2 and this is where I need the calls to deposit from the majority of the time.

Any ideas?

SteveInWA

Quote from: azrobert on March 20, 2014, 11:14:56 AM
When you call your GV number with a spoofed number, GV thinks someone is trying to hack your account and rejects the call.

While that might be the case with the way that Phone Power is implementing their CID spoofing, it is not true that GV detects spoofing and blocks the calls.  I use Callcentric.  I have my outbound calls spoof my GV number, and I can call my GV number from that CC line, and it works every time.

Before the dreadful Sipgate went under, their spoofing rarely worked correctly.  I have no idea of what they're doing wrong, but it's a carrier issue, not a GV issue.