News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Yealink T-22P with Obi110

Started by ikonos, March 25, 2014, 07:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ikonos

I am trying to configure Yealink T-22P IP phone to work with Obi110 to call out PSTN or Voip provider. Reading through some of the posts I was able to setup an Analog phone connected to Obi110 Phone Port and Zoiper on my PC connecting to Obi110 call out through the PSTN connection on the line port or the Voip provider configured on SP1. I was also able to setup incoming calls ringing both phones.

I got an Yealink phone to replace the Zoiper and am struggling to configure it to talk to Obi110. Couple of posts indicate they were able to do it but did not provide any details. I do not want to use pbxes.org sub account or other means to achieve it.

I am trying to point Yealink to SP1 by providing Obi IP address and port number. I configured obi side using http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=2454.0 (This are the same settings I used succesfully with Zoiper). Can any one suggest me how I can configure yealink phones?

Thanks
Ik.

azrobert

I helped someone with a Yealink T46 here:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7323.0

Edit:

The above thread is a setup for only the Line Port for the Yealink.

If you want it to access an SP provider use must use a prefix. I use a "9" prefix instead of **8 to route calls out the Line Port. I don't know how you setup the Phone Port to access the Line Port, so if I included a suggestion it might affect how you are using the Phone Port.

ikonos

Quote from: azrobert on March 25, 2014, 08:15:49 PM
I helped someone with a Yealink T46 here:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7323.0

I did go through that post few days back when I was considering whether to buy yealink or cisco phone and decided on yealink with the understanding some one go it to work. I guess I will read through it again thoroughly and see what I am doing wrong. Thanks.

azrobert

ikonos

I just read through your post again. I have Obi100 at home with GV on SP1 and Anveo on SP2 and Obi110 at work with PSTN on line port and Anveo on SP1. I am testing currently with Obi100. Since I followed Single Stage Dialing instructions from the link I mentioned earlier, I setup tsc as user defined setting and added the IP address of yealink as one of the userid. (I tried actual userid as well before).

My settings below.

Default DigitMap for both ITSP A and B.
User Defined Digit Maps is set to ipd (defaults), tsc and p2p as follows.

tsc: (UserId1|Ip1)
p2p: ()

X_inboundCallRoute on SP1
{ph}

X_inboundCallRoute on SP2
{(Mtsc)>(<*1:>(Msp1)),(Mtsc)>(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(Mtsc)>(Mp2p):sp1},{(Mtsc)>(Mtg1):tg1},{(Mtsc)>0:ph},{(Mtsc):},{ph}

PhonePort DigitMap
(<P2P>(Mp2p)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**9(Mpp))

PhonePort Outbound Call Route
{(P2P:>@@.):sp1},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp}

azrobert

For a test you can change SP2 X_InboundCallRoute to: ph
If the call from the Yealink is getting to the OBi100 then the Phone Port will ring.
Then check the Call History on the OBi100.
The Peer Number will be the UserID the Yealink is sending.

ikonos

Quote from: azrobert on March 25, 2014, 10:43:22 PM
For a test you can change SP2 X_InboundCallRoute to: ph
If the call from the Yealink is getting to the OBi100 then the Phone Port will ring.
Then check the Call History on the OBi100.
The Peer Number will be the UserID the Yealink is sending.

My problem is that the yealink is not even sending the call out. It says "Register Failed" and when I dial a number it gives busy tone with a message "Not Found" on the display screen.

azrobert

If you read the link I supplied, one of the things I recommended was setting the Registration Period to zero on the Yealink. The OP replied that he followed my instructions and now it's working. I assume this is what he did.

ikonos

I tried setting parameters SIP Registration Retry Timer and Subscribe Period to 0 and that did not work either. Phone call info on the yealink shows the attempt with local identiy as UserName@yealink_IP and number as phonenumber@obi_ip. I am starting to think one of the three SIP accounts on yealink has to be registered before I can setup the remaining ones to talk to Obi. I will give it a try soon.

Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

QBZappy

Quote from: ikonos on March 26, 2014, 09:10:47 AM
...I am starting to think one of the three SIP accounts on yealink has to be registered before I can setup the remaining ones to talk to Obi. I will give it a try soon.

In that case test your theory by setting up a free account wit sip2sip or some other free sip service.
https://mdns.sipthor.net/register_sip_account.phtml
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

ikonos

Quote from: QBZappy on March 26, 2014, 11:50:52 AM
Quote from: ikonos on March 26, 2014, 09:10:47 AM
...I am starting to think one of the three SIP accounts on yealink has to be registered before I can setup the remaining ones to talk to Obi. I will give it a try soon.

In that case test your theory by setting up a free account wit sip2sip or some other free sip service.
https://mdns.sipthor.net/register_sip_account.phtml

I configured an Anveo account on the second line and it registered fine and even was able to make calls.

This is strange and I can't figure out what setting to use to get it to talk to Obi. May be because I am using Obi100 to test it and not Obi110, I might be doing something wrong. At this point I am primarily testing calling out from yealink though Obi100 (configured GV on SP1 or Anveo on SP2). I will worry about the incoming call later.

azrobert

Your Yealink must be configured to dial out without registration to work with an OBi.

You can post a question at the Yealink forum here:
http://forum.yealink.com/forum/index.php

drgeoff

Quote from: azrobert on March 26, 2014, 02:13:11 PM
Your Yealink must be configured to dial out without registration to work with an OBi.

You can post a question at the Yealink forum here:
http://forum.yealink.com/forum/index.php

Not applicable here in the context of OBi100/110 but "an OBi" is too general.  A SIP phone can register to an OBi202.

ikonos

Its strange. I reset the factory image on the Yealink and used default 5060 port on it as well as on the Obi, then it said Registration Failed but the call went through. If I use any port other than 5060 on the X_UserAgentPort (I think that's the correct name) on the Obi then the call is not going through. However I still have couple of issues.

1) When the number is being dialed, I dont here any ring from the otherside except on the diaplay that it is dialing or something like that.
2) When the other use picks up, I cant hear anything and they cant hear what I say. Is this a codec problem?
3) If I add {yealink_ip>(Mli):li},{ph} in the X_InboundCallRoute for Voice Service 1, the call goes out but if I add

{(Mtsc)>(<*1:>(Msp1)),(Mtsc)>(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(Mtsc)>(<*2:>(Msp2)),(Mtsc)>(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(Mtsc)>(<*8:>(Mli)),(Mtsc)>(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(Mtsc)>**0:aa},{(Mtsc)>***:aa2},{(Mtsc)>(Mp2p):sp1},{(Mtsc)>(Mtg1):tg1},{(Mtsc)>0:ph},{(Mtsc):},{ph}

as recommended in the single stage dialing the call is not going through and dials the phone port. I have the yealink_ip added as tsc in the user defined settings.

Appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks
Ik.

azrobert

Do you have audio when the Yealink rings the phone port on the OBi? I looked at the Yealink manual and it looks like it uses the same codecs as the OBi.

Add the following to the beginning of the current X_InboundCallRoute to be able to route calls out SP1 from the Yealink.
{yealink_ip>(1xxxxxxxxxx):sp1},

Using the Yealink, I assume you will want to access the remote OBi over the Obitalk network.
I do not code like RonR and I have no desire to spend any time on figuring out what this code is doing, so I will not attempt to fix it.

After you get the audio problem fixed and you still haven't fixed the routing problem, I can show you how I would configure the OBi's.

azrobert

Test the Yealink without the OBi.
Register it directly to your VOIP provider.
Do you have audio?

If you have audio test it unregistered to a free tollfree provider.

Proxy: tf.callwithus.com
UserId: 4801234567
Password: anything

Dial 18668677644 or any other 800 number.
Do you hear ringing?
Do you have audio after connected?

Edit:
What does the Yealink IP look like?
Is it only digits and dots or does it also have characters?