News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Automatically add # to the end of a dialed number

Started by giqcass, February 20, 2014, 11:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giqcass

How can I automatically add # to the end of a dialed number?
Long live our new ObiLords!

ianobi

The simple answer is add <#> to the end of the number:
12345678901<#>

However, like all things OBi, it depends how you want to use it. Let's say that you wanted to add # to the end of all numbers going to the Line Port of an OBi110. In the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute you would change the rule as follows:

{(<**8:>(Mli)):li} to {(<**8:>(Mli)<#>):li}

Now all numbers going to the Line Port will be appended with a #.

SeanC

Hopefully not too off-topic, I'm trying to follow this logic to do the same prepend/insert/inject a string before a dialed number.... unfortunately without luck.   This would be accomplished by the OutboundCallRoute as well, correct?

Current OutboundCallRoute lists:
{911:sp1},{933:sp1},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<##:>):li},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Ultimately, I would like to insert *67 on all phone port outbound calls to force the line to request anonymous/caller ID block.  (I'm purposefully wanting to using this insert approach different than *30 on all calls so the toggling of the feature is disabled and forced on each call)

Thanks!

giqcass

I'll give it a try.  Someone will come along an correct me if I'm wrong.  Yes you can place it in the OutboundCallRoute.  This would work but it would leave a pause
{(<*67>xx.):li}

This accounts for numbers starting with a 1 and removes the pause.
{(<*67>1xxxxxxxxxx):li}

This accounts for 10 digit numbers and 11 without pause. The final string I would use.
{(<*67>1xxxxxxxxxx|<*671>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx):li}

You DON't want 911 to dial *67 although if it did I doubt it would have any effect.  Currently it doesn't go to line anyway. If you have true POTS {911:li} might be a better alternative to what you currently have.

I need to work on my digit map/callroute skills so feedback appreciated.
Long live our new ObiLords!