News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Was this Obi Forum site down for 1-2 days??

Started by mo832, March 31, 2014, 11:00:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo832

I am able to post now (this message) for the first time since 3/29 Saturday. What I experienced was the forum pages were available if you accessed the page as a guest (no registration), so you could browse...but as soon as you signed in to show your member id, the pages would no longer load. It would display a blank page for any Obi forum URL, and obviously you could not post any new messages.

If you logged out and reloaded the page, you could again browse the old posts, but still could not log in to reply.

Was this the case for everyone else? I noticed a few people were posting the last 2 days, but it traffic seemed to be much less than usual. And how did you people get in (those who were able)? Was it just me?

gderf

The site was partially down for many or even most users for the last few days. I had the same problem you report, the blank page post login, but I was able to resolve it by partially clearing my Chrome browser history. I have had no problems since doing that two days ago. I made a few test posts along the way but immediately deleted them.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

KAura

One browser show up blank while another showed 500 error.

riptcity00

Quote from: mo832 on March 31, 2014, 11:00:32 AM
I am able to post now (this message) for the first time since 3/29 Saturday. What I experienced was the forum pages were available if you accessed the page as a guest (no registration), so you could browse...but as soon as you signed in to show your member id, the pages would no longer load. It would display a blank page for any Obi forum URL, and obviously you could not post any new messages.

If you logged out and reloaded the page, you could again browse the old posts, but still could not log in to reply.

Was this the case for everyone else? I noticed a few people were posting the last 2 days, but it traffic seemed to be much less than usual. And how did you people get in (those who were able)? Was it just me?

Same experience and timing as you even though tried clearing history, cache, etc and using several different browsers.  I sent an email to obihai, but never got a response.  Whatever happened, it appears to be working now.

BigJim_McD

I was having the same issue using Google Chrome. Then I found that I could access the Forum by using the "IE Tab Multi (Enhance) 1.0.2.1" Extension on Google Chrome.  That worked each time for me until OBi took OBiTALK down for maintenance today.
BigJimMcD

Lavarock7

Could not access via IE, Chrome or Firefox on my PC, tried a browser on my cell phone (using both my wifi and Verizons data service. No access. I cleared cookies. No access.

I also tried creating a new account (because I did see some people posting) and thought my acvcount was corrupted. No access.

I figured it was a software version issue with software on the server and would be fixed on Monday.

My websites: Kona Coffee: http://itskona.com and Web Hosting: http://planetaloha.info<br />A simplified Voip explanation: http://voip.planet-aloha.com

giqcass

The weird thing is that of the people that could log in it was spread across different browsers.  For me Chrome worked. I thought the issue had been fixed because I was able to log in using all of my browsers starting yesterday.  Someone on dslreports had a theory about cookies being the issue.
Long live our new ObiLords!

AlanB

I could see it as a guest, but couldn't log in from an iPad or Firefox. 

CLTGreg

I had the issue of blank screen when logged in but "OK" when guest and also there seemed to be a server burp earlier today which may be related to them fixing it. I opened a support ticket and got a reply back today that it was fixed.

Issue existed for Chrome and Firefox on Windows.

carl

No windows browser worked for me no matter what I tried I could not log on.

ceg3

I could not log in using FF or Chrome.  The page opened, but was blank all weekend.  I thought maybe they were doing some updating.  Obviously, something was going on.  I don't guess Obihai will offer up an explanation.

Ostracus