News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

What is X_AcceptLinePortStatusSubscription used for?

Started by ProfTech, April 25, 2011, 07:41:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProfTech

I was looking at the user screens for the 110 and noticed the parameter X_AcceptLinePortStatusSubscription. What is this used for / how would it be used?

UPDATE: Also wondering what X_AcceptDialogSubscription is used for?

Thanks

ProfTech

I never got a response on this. Can Obihai answer?

It seems to me that one of these check boxes may have something to do with times when the network is down [or the box is not registered] but I haven't been able to verify. I discovered by trial and error that if the network is down and I pick up the phone and dial, there is a delay of about 40 seconds before I get a response from the Obi. It seems to me that I  should get either an error message or at least fast busy since the Obi knows the network is down even before I dial. I don't have a problem with it still giving me dial tone and letting me dial since the call may be routed to the PSTN anyway. But after I dial it shouldn't take 40 seconds for the machine to let me know what is going on.

Related question: Most of these ATA's have a setting that says "Allowed to call if not registered? y/n" which some ITSP's require. I don't see this anywhere in the Obi 110.

QBZappy

ProfTech,

The design of the OBi is such that the gateways don't expect you to be registered in order to make a call. On the other hand both SP1+SP2 by design require you to be registered. This setup kind of implies the register "yes/no" switch you were wondering about. Just my idea.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

QBZappy

ProfTech,

Here is forum member M105 using a clever way to connect an ATA or IP phone to make calls without registering and without the use of gateways, using a SIP to SIP connection.
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=718.0

Originally taken from this article:
http://voxilla.com/2011/02/15/how-to-obify-your-ip-phone-no-asterisk-involved-2623
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.