News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Phone Power Voice Mail Notification

Started by mptribe, April 03, 2014, 06:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mptribe

I have the Obi110 and just signed up for PhonePower.  I adjusted how quickly the PP number goes to VM to prevent GV VM from picking it up and it appears to be working, but I'm not getting any voicemail notifications on my local phone.  I do have it enable in obitalk to give them to me.  Anyone come across this and have a solution?  Thanks.

jlynnwatts

I just signed up for a one month sub for Vestalink to try it out. This is a severe problem that I have encountered. My google call forwarding to my home phones takes from four to five rings before it sends the first ring to my home phone. I get the rings to my cell in just one to two rings.  Often the calling party hangs up before I can get to my home phone.

How did you adjust the google voice mail to help this situation? If this problem can be solved with Phone Power, then my first choice will certainly be for Phone Power.

jwatts

gderf

On some VoIP services, rings are played to the caller immediately, well before the called phone begins to ring. On other services, the caller hears silence until the called phone begins to ring.

I am not aware of any "adjustments" you can make with any settings on Google Voice that will change this behavior.

Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

djchesi

Mptribe,

Did you ever get a solution for this?  I just signed up with Phone Power today and am having the same issue.  I have a Google Voice phone number that I am forwarding to PP, and I set it up so the PP voicemail system picks up before GV.  That all works fine, but no voicemail indicator is coming up on my local phone, despite this being enabled through OBiTALK.  I'd love to get this solved!

mptribe

No solution yet.  I did port my GV number to PP and that went smoothly and the only annoying part was that most of my settings in PP were reset when the port finished.  Minor issue really and was easy to set back up.  My solution for the meantime is to forward the VM to everyone's e-mail that is in the house (3 adults), so as long as you check your e-mail you will see you have voicemails.  I'm guessing the way PP sends the VM indicator is not compatible with the Obi110, which is why I don't see the indicator, but it did work fine with GV.

Taoman

Working fine for me.........although I normally use GV voicemail. But I get a message on my phone screen that says: New Voice Mail. If all you have is a checkmark in front of Voicemail Notification that won't work.

Profile SIP

X_MWISubscribe           checked         
X_MWISubscribeURI      XXXXXXXXXX@sip.phonepower.com
X_MWISubscribeExpires 3600
X_CallWaitingIndication  Alert-Info

Profile General

And then I have this as the very last part of my DigitMap so dialing *21 connects me directly with PP voicemail:

|*21)

newalias

Quote from: mptribe on May 09, 2014, 04:20:54 PM
No solution yet.  I did port my GV number to PP and that went smoothly and the only annoying part was that most of my settings in PP were reset when the port finished.  Minor issue really and was easy to set back up.  My solution for the meantime is to forward the VM to everyone's e-mail that is in the house (3 adults), so as long as you check your e-mail you will see you have voicemails.  I'm guessing the way PP sends the VM indicator is not compatible with the Obi110, which is why I don't see the indicator, but it did work fine with GV.

I havve an Obi100 and I just signed up for a PhonePower account today.  After setting everything up, I tested the voicemail by leaving a msg.  My phone also did not receive a notification.

I did an online tech support chat with "Nate".  During the chat, I tried again and it just worked.  I don't know if Nate did anything or if it just took time.  My dial tone had a stutter and the light on the phone was blinking to indicate I had a new message.

I did not port my number from Google Voice.  Instead I just unchecked "forward to Google Chat" and created a new forwarding number to my new PhonePower number.

Maybe you can do an online chat with tech support and they can resolve it.