News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

[SOLVED] 2 x OBi on Anveo - registration overwriting issue

Started by tewl, April 05, 2014, 06:37:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tewl

I have two OBI 100 devices:

My service provider is Anveo. There I have a parent account and sub accounts.

I configured one device, which registers to the parent account on Anveo.

I want the other device to register to the sub-account, however as soon as it's registered, it kicks off the first device offline, taking its place on the parent Anveo account.

How do I make the 2nd OBI register to the sub-account?

To configure the OBIs I tried setting it up through the star codes (successfully) as well as through the web interface.

The second device (whichever is configured second) reports "registered" for about a minute and then "Register Failed: 401 Unauthorized " shows up.

Then the web inteface on the second device shows the sign in credentials from the Anveo parent account (first device), not from the sub-account as configured. In short, OBItalk overwrites my own settings on my OBi, replacing it with the parent account configuration.

Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks

azrobert

If I understand you correctly, the problem isn't Anveo. The problem is the OBi100 is automatically changing from the sub-account to the primary account.

If you are configuring your OBi100 from the Web interface, you need to disable OBiTalk provisioning. If you don't disable provisioning, OBiTalk will overlay your changes.

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTalk Provisioning -> Method: Disabled

Make sure you are changing the Method under OBiTalk Provisioning.

KAura

just a thought...  and I don't know how true it is...

Each device has its own ip IF you plug both devices in at one...
dhcp will assign two unique ip's 192.168.xxx.dev where xxx
is the same for both devices, but dev is different for dev1 & 2.

If you plug in one, and then unplug and plug in the other, now
you could possibly confuse the device configuration(s).

Sounds like if you are still having problems you might want to
go with manual configurations instead (or to be on the safe side).

giqcass

Quote from: KAura on April 05, 2014, 11:33:31 AM
just a thought...  and I don't know how true it is...

Each device has its own ip IF you plug both devices in at one...
dhcp will assign two unique ip's 192.168.xxx.dev where xxx
is the same for both devices, but dev is different for dev1 & 2.

If you plug in one, and then unplug and plug in the other, now
you could possibly confuse the device configuration(s).

Sounds like if you are still having problems you might want to
go with manual configurations instead (or to be on the safe side).

DHCP takes care of that type of problem.  Each device has a set lease time.  Usually of about 7 days.  No other device can take that IP address until after the lease time is over unless you set the IP address manually(static mode).  Each device will renew it's lease half way through.  Typically about 3.5 days.  They never wait until the lease ends.

azrobert has hit the nail on the head.  It sounds very much like the initial setup was made via the portal and changes were made via local setup.  The simplest procedure would be to go back in to the portal and update from there.
Long live our new ObiLords!

tewl

Thanks to all who took time to read/respond. I did manage to solve the issue.

The problem? Creating the Anveo sub-account with the same email as the main account.
You'd think they would obey the settings from the ACCOUNT NUMBER not the username email...

I deleted the sub-account, created under another email and all works well.

Now if I could figure out how to send a caller ID Name I want...

MikeHObi

Quote from: tewl on April 06, 2014, 06:52:45 AM

Now if I could figure out how to send a caller ID Name I want...

Custom CNAME record may or may not work depending on the call destination as the destination call center is resposible for looking up the CNAME and it may do that rather than taking the one passed to it.  That said, custom CNAME for Anveo is attached to the phone number you have with them. 

go to the phone numbers, find the one you use for outgoing and click edit, then click the caller ID tab and enter a value in the CallerID Name/CNAM field.

Custom CallerID numbers is handled from Account Preferences and Custom Caller ID Numbers option.
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.