News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Callcentric setup using Obitalk

Started by mychaelp, April 05, 2014, 11:52:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mychaelp

I attempted to setup Callcentric as SIP2 on my Obihai100.  I used their setup wizard on Obitalk.com The test call goes through to an information number Callcentric lists as 17771234567 and shows on my dashboard, but I cannot dial my own 1777 number as I get a "your call cannot be completed as dialed" error when trying from my cellphone to test for receiving calls.

Am I doing something wrong here or should I set it up another way?

Thanks for any help...

nitzan

Callcentric's 777 numbers aren't a real phone number - you can't call it from outside of the CC network.
Nitzan Kon, CEO
Future Nine Corporation
http://www.future-nine.com/

mychaelp

Thanks, somehow I didn't understand how it all worked with them. So I now need to sign up for the free NY phone number after I got the 777 one.
Edit, all set up now. I'm not sure why I thought the 777 number was the number I got from them. Anyway, I chose a free NY number and the incoming call rings my Obihai now. Its ring is like a double ring however which is odd, but maybe that is Obi telling me it is coming in on SIP2. I'll have to look for a way to fix that.

gderf

SP1 and SP2 use different ring profiles.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

Codesmith

I briefly made the same mistake.  I having never seen a 777 area code I figured it was a new one for NY.