News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help !- Anveo - Call Flow

Started by st167, April 06, 2014, 05:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

st167

Hello,

Will someone please explain what does "on call" option mean in the attached SIP element of Anveo?
I am not able to "receive" two incoming concurrent calls. Ideally I would like to go back and forth between two calls when I receive them.

giqcass

Edit "Sip phone" in the call flow route.  Go to it's advanced setting and make sure " Skip if in use" is not checked.  Then let us know if it fixed the issue.
Here is what it does per Anveo.
QuoteDo not send a call to SIP device if it is already in use (on the call).
Long live our new ObiLords!

st167

Thank you for the reply.
Yes, "Skip if in use" is unchecked but problem still persists. What happens is that when I'm on call with someone and if I get another call -and if I press talk on the phone to pick up the second incoming call then first one goes on hold as expected , then I hear an announcement from Anveo system that press 1 to accept the call or press 2 to send the call to VM. Even if I press 1, second incoming call goes to VM, while first one is still on hold.
Just FYI, I have Personal Unlimited phone number plan + FREE subscription package.

st167

Okay, update or say correction....
When I have a call active and a new call comes in...it gets picked up by Google Voice instead of being transferred to Anveo. Options to press 1 and 2 are from Google Voice and not from Anveo.

So the problem is...how do I make sure GV forwards 2nd incoming call to Anveo when I already have an active call on Anveo?

AlanB

Quote from: st167 on April 11, 2014, 03:25:10 PM
When I have a call active and a new call comes in...it gets picked up by Google Voice instead of being transferred to Anveo. Options to press 1 and 2 are from Google Voice and not from Anveo.

So the problem is...how do I make sure GV forwards 2nd incoming call to Anveo when I already have an active call on Anveo?
You can't.  Port your number to Anveo if that's how you want it to behave.

giqcass

I wouldn't say this is impossible but I need to do some thinking.

AlanB

Quote from: giqcass on April 12, 2014, 03:59:54 AM
I wouldn't say this is impossible but I need to do some thinking.
I sure wouldn't object to being proven wrong. It would make lots of people happy I think. GV Voicemail comes up a lot in these forums as you we'll know.

KAura

A quick obvious solution is to take the call out of G's hands...

seems like if you did an actual forward without 'go to voicmail
if no answer' enabled to a Free NY DID, it should work without
having to port any numbers...  but that's just a guess.

giqcass

I think all you need to do is turn off Call Screening under the "calls" tab in Google Voice settings.

st167

Quote from: giqcass on April 12, 2014, 01:07:48 PM
I think all you need to do is turn off Call Screening under the "calls" tab in Google Voice settings.

Call screening is off. It was off before too. Only difference now is that instead of GV calls going to G Chat, now I have them forwarded to Anveo #. First one comes to Anveo without any screening but the second incoming call while the first one is active on Anveo gets picked up for Call Screening I believe ?!!
FYI : Forward calls to G Chat is not enabled right now.

st167

Quote from: AlanB on April 11, 2014, 09:44:09 PM
Quote from: st167 on April 11, 2014, 03:25:10 PM

You can't.  Port your number to Anveo if that's how you want it to behave.

I ported my personal number to Anveo. This # that I am trying to "fix" is my parents'. I missed "free" port in offer of Anveo.
The "feature" discussed is not a deal breaker for them as of right now, but it used to work when calls were forwarded to G chat -> Obi202. And now it doesn't work :(