News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Custom Caller ID for outgoing numbers with an Obi 110 on Anveo

Started by Frank, April 07, 2014, 04:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

I recently established a new Anveo account. I use an Obi 110. I can initiate and receive calls (forwarded from Google Voice). However, I have not been successful using two different outgoing CallerIDs.

Earlier I asked Obihai support how to establish two outgoing caller IDs, and they responded:

You can have multiple custom Caller ID numbers configured in your Anveo account. To make a call with Custom Caller ID number configured you will need to dial a special prefix assigned for a particular Custom Caller ID.

To add custom Caller ID you will need to open your Anveo Account Preferences -> Custom Caller ID menu and add phone numbers there. After that you will need to complete automated Caller ID verification process for each custom Caller ID.

After that you can make calls though Anveo using *01, *02 prefixes.

I followed these instructions and created (and verified) two custom Caller ID numbers by logging into my Anveo account under "Account Preferences" and "Custom Caller ID Numbers" (see http://goo.gl/zSzGd5).

However, when I initiate an outgoing call by first dialing *01, I hear a BUSY (regular busy, not fast busy) as soon as I dial the three digits (*01). The same occurs if I dial *02.

I desire to have different outgoing caller IDs depending on whether my wife or I make an outgoing call. We each have separate Google Voice numbers.

Anveo support pointed me back to Obihai support, and Obihai has pointed me to the forum.

Thanks in advance.

AlanB

You will need to set up Star Codes in your Obi I think.  Search the documentation or this forum for more on Star Codes.   

giqcass

Create the following star codes assuming you are using SP1 for Anveo.  You may only need one star code since you can set one CID as default.

Star code
>>>>>>>>>Star code profile A  
Use any empty slots. I have not tested this so let us know if you have an issue.

*01(<sp1(*01>1xxxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx<)>), Custon CID1, call($Code)
*02(<sp1(*02>1xxxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx<)>), Custon CID2, call($Code)

or  if using SP2 use these.

*01(<sp2(*01>1xxxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx<)>), Custon CID1, call($Code)
*02(<sp2(*02>1xxxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx<)>), Custon CID2, call($Code)
Long live our new ObiLords!

Frank

Thank you, giqcass, for your detailed reply. If you thought that I am a total beginner, you are absolutely correct  :D

Yes, I am using SP1 for Anveo. When I viewed my Star Code profile A, I see only one empty slot. Since the first Custom CallerID is not needed as you noted, I pasted in your string beginning with *02 into that one remaining slot. To view a screen shot of what I have on "Star Code Profile A" now, please view http://i.imgur.com/htrfMYc.png.

I clicked on "Submit" and rebooted. No real change as to results, unfortunately. When I begin a call with *02 followed by 1 + area code + 7 digit number, the call does not go through. I confirmed that the call still goes through if I omit the *02.

The only difference I notice with the added string is that if I dial *02 (followed by nothing), it takes three seconds to hear a busy tone whereas prior to adding the string I heard the busy signal immediately.

I note that you spelled the word prior to "CID2" as "Custon." I assumed it should be "Custom."

Any thoughts? Might you have time to test the star code on your Obi?

Thank you very much.

drgeoff

My guess is that you were meant to enter the actual CID number and not the literal string "Custom CID2".  However I've never used nor experimented with star codes so I could be mistaken.

Frank

Hello drgeoff,

I bet you are correct.

So here is what the string looks like now:

*02(<sp1(*02>1xxxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx<)>), 714yyyyyyy, call($Code)

where my seven-digit Custom ID2 phone number in the 714 area code has been replaced by yyyyyyy in the above string.

Unfortunately, still no jackpot, but I hope we're getting closer.

I do need a class/tutorial on Star codes.

Will await comments from giqcass.

Thank you.

giqcass

You are correct that I meant to write  Custom CID instead of Custon CID but what is place there means nothing.  It's just a label to explain what is going on. I'm going to have to try it to see what is wrong.

giqcass

I found 1 issue with the string(other then my poor spelling). I still haven't tested it.
*02(<sp1(*02>1xxxxxxxxxx|*021>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx<)>), Custom CID2, call($Code)

giqcass

I got this string to work for 11 digit dialing.
*02(<sp1(*02>1xxxxxxxxxx<)>), Custom CID, call($Code)

This works for 10 digit dialing.
*02(<sp1(*021>xxxxxxxxxx<)>), Custom CID, call($Code)

I can't seem to get both working as I wanted.  Perhaps I am missing something.  Until I crack it or until someone else comes along with the fix either one will work.  You just have to pick a format to dial.
*02 1 555-777-1212  or *02 555-777-1212

I'm sure there are other ways to do this.

Frank

Hello giqcass,

Perfect! I chose to use your 11 digit dialing solution, and it works great!

Thank you very much for applying your skills to solve my problem.

Sincerely,
Frank