News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

CircleNet would like to introduce ourselves to the Obi world

Started by Sam_from_CircleNet, April 08, 2014, 10:35:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dudly

I now use Callcentric for inbound calls and Circlenet for outbound calls.  It has worked out fine.  I initially had a small problem with CircleNet not ringing the call for 8 to 13 seconds or so.  I wrote up a trouble ticket on a saturday.  If you can believe this Circlenet got right on the problem and with a few emails back and forth fixed the problem that weekend day.  I was impressed.

vtsnaab

I too am using CircleNet and thus far am delighted with their wonderfully attentive support as well as the quality of the service itself.
This has been a 100% positive addition to my line-up of providers and I recommend it wholeheartedly.

longhairedtech

Dudley,
Did you have to make any changes to your configuration? I've chosen the same setup, with a CallCentric DID and CircleNet for outgoing.

Ended up factory resetting my Obi100 then adding them both via the instructions at their respective sites (http://www.callcentric.com/support/device/obihai/obi100 and http://www.circlenet.us/drupal7/?q=node/15, with CircleNet on ITSP-A and CallCentric on ITSP-B.)

I also noticed the message from Sam saying they tweked things on their end, but I still experience a delay (maybe 4-6 seconds, albeit shorter than the 10 or so yesterday.) Would be nice to have response time be more in line with what people usually expect. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

MikePA

Quote from: longhairedtech on May 24, 2014, 11:20:43 PM
Would be nice to have response time be more in line with what people usually expect. Any suggestions?

The Obi device is a small part of how long it takes for the other parties phone to ring. Unless I am missing something, there's not much you can do to reduce it.

ianobi

The standard OBi digit maps introduce a delay of two seconds for ten and eleven digit dialling. A general digit map such as this would get rid of that two second delay:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxxS4|011xx.S4)
Replace aaa with your local code.

This gives zero delay for normal ten and eleven digit numbers and four second delay for seven digit numbers and international. Generally, the more specific you can make your digit maps, the less delay there will be within the OBi.

JeffPV

The standard OBi digit maps introduce a delay of two seconds for ten and eleven digit dialling. A general digit map such as this would get rid of that two second delay:

This gives zero delay for normal ten and eleven digit numbers and four second delay for seven digit numbers and international. Generally, the more specific you can make your digit maps, the less delay there will be within the OBi.

Sorry for a newbie question, but does "Replace aaa with local code" mean the 3 digit area code?
Thanks!

longhairedtech

That looks perfect. Thanks ianobi!

Quote from: ianobi on May 25, 2014, 03:43:50 AM

dudly

Quote from: longhairedtech on May 24, 2014, 11:20:43 PM
Dudley,
Did you have to make any changes to your configuration? I've chosen the same setup, with a CallCentric DID and CircleNet for outgoing.

No I did not have to change anything.  It turns out that one of their providers was not acting correctly, so they cut it out of the pack so to speak.  Once they did that, my outbound service has been completely normal.  Good luck with yours.

longhairedtech

That works like a charm! Can't detect any delay vs. a standard landline delay.

Cheers!

Quote from: ianobi on May 25, 2014, 03:43:50 AM

Sam_from_CircleNet

This should get some attention

CircleNet LLC is planning on providing LIMITED inbound DID service along with our current outbound DID service. We intend to start this next week in our home state of Virginia if there is enough interest and if we can complete the required paperwork.

I'm thinking a price point of $3 monthly (All taxes and 911 included in that price) and .002 per minute without any advanced features at this time (Like voicemail). The catch is the account would have to have a Virginia address.

Any interest in being an early adopter that would be willing to be patient with us as we squash any bugs? If so please if you already have a CircleNet account and you meet the residence requirements open a ticket or if you don't yet have an account (And why the heck don't you!) please email sales@circlenet.us.

Thanks,
Sam

Sam_from_CircleNet

The inbound DID service is now officially available for residents of Virginia or any non-US customers (Including Canada).

We offer US, Canadian and UK DIDs now, we decided on US pricing of
$2.25 monthly and $.75 in 911 fees  plus $.002 per minute and a 5% state communications tax

Canadian pricing of
$2.50 per month plus .002 per minute and this does include 911.

Thanks!
Sam

Sam_from_CircleNet

CircleNet is looking to expand our incoming DID offer nationwide but we also want to make sure that we can grow at a sustainable rate. So if you are in ANY state and interested in this offer please email sales@circlenet.us, this will help us decide in what order that we should add new states. The states with the most requests go to the top of the list.

Thanks!
Sam

voiper1

So far my setup is working fine with Callcentric and Circlenet.  I think that incoming is appealing but for me at least I don't have a need to changeover.  My only issue is that the * codes do not work and dialing without a * code always puts a 1 in front of it on my OBI.  Do you have any plans to make the * codes work or announcement regarding the 67?  Maybe azrobert you can help me prevent a 1 from being added automatically each time I dial?
Do I just change the DigitMap and remove the 1's?
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>xxxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>xxxxxxx|011xxxxxx.S3)
to
(xxxxxxxxxx|<aaa>xxxxxxx|011xxxxxx.S3)

?? 

Cheers  ;)

Sam_from_CircleNet

Hello voiper1,
That one (* codes) has been on our dev list for a few weeks now and even though it seems like it should be simple it's been a tough nut for us to crack. I'll post here when it's ready.

Thanks,
Sam

voiper1

Quote from: Sam_from_CircleNet on June 06, 2014, 11:17:03 AM
Hello voiper1,
That one (* codes) has been on our dev list for a few weeks now and even though it seems like it should be simple it's been a tough nut for us to crack. I'll post here when it's ready.

Thanks,
Sam

Thanks.  I did not expect it to be simple.  Mainly the issue for me is removing the 1 on the obi.  Of course the * codes would be nice but I work around it.

Thanks...   ;)

Sam_from_CircleNet

Hi Obi folks,
Sorry I've been absent lately but we haven't forgotten about you! I wanted to let the group know we now have an official twitter account for CircleNet.

https://twitter.com/circlenetllc

I'm hoping to keep it up to date with specials and more importantly status updates whenever there is a service affecting issue.

Thanks!
Sam

Sam_from_CircleNet

I wanted to let the obitalk forum know that CircleNet is having a fourth of July special, if you order a new inbound number before noon EST on Sunday there aren't any monthly fees until 9/1/2014.

Thanks!
Sam

Hyrb

Very new to Obi, switched to VIOP to save cash because we need to keep costs low.  Was using Anveo for in and outbound but saw the Circle Net post and tried it for outbound.

Sam took the time to review the business and help correct my configuration errors and we are running well.  Right now the most effective set-up for us seems to be Anveo in and Circle Net out.  Other than having to turn the volume down on the headset the calls are just as clear as out POTS line. 

You would think that for our small account Circle would have just sent me to the FAQ and forms page but the fact that they took the time to discover what the OBi config error was and determine an easy change for me to make tells me they are in it for the long term. If they maintain this level of service they should be golden.

Moving into our new building we will be able to can AT&T and save a grand a year.

Sam_from_CircleNet

Hyrb,
Thanks! We don't intend to change a thing and I'm glad it's all working well for you.
Welcome aboard!
Sam