News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

CircleNet would like to introduce ourselves to the Obi world

Started by Sam_from_CircleNet, April 08, 2014, 10:35:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_from_CircleNet

vtsnaab,
Thanks! We always like to hear good things about ourselves ::). Also your right about Nitzan, in some ways we are competitors but I can tell he cares about his customers. Future9 is a solid company.

Sam

dial.tone

Quote from: azrobert on April 23, 2014, 08:13:32 PM
Quote from: zorlac on April 23, 2014, 07:46:54 PM
Now I just need to figure out a plan for SP1 on the wife's line.
Unfortunately there is quite a pregnant pause (before it starts ringing) dialing out on SP2 via Circlenet & that won't fly for the wife.

See my comments here:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7742.msg50188#msg50188
And my next post in the same thread on international calls.

Quote from: azrobert on April 20, 2014, 06:10:26 PM
. . .If your Phone Port Primary Line is SP1, then the SP1 DigitMap is the parm that needs to be examined for problems. It is found at Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General.
This is the default SP1 DigitMap for a OBi110: 
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)
. . .
Here is my recommended DigitMap for most people:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.S3|<1aaa>xxxxxxx)
aaa is you local area code for 7 digit dialing.

BACKGROUND:  With Circlenet setup for outbound calling on a Voice Gateway, and, in my case, Callcentric setup for inbound calls, then there are TWO places for digitmaps, one under the ITSP Profile and the other under the Voice Gateway. 

Callcentric provides the following specific digitmap sequence for its setup at Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A or B or C or D -> General:
(*xx.|**275*x.|[3469]11|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

The other digitmap, located at Voice Services -> Gateways and Trunk Groups -> Voice Gateway1 or 2 or . . ., was specified in Reply 60 to this thread as follows:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>xxxxxxxxxx|<1919>xxxxxxx|011xxxxxx.S3)

QUESTION:  Which digitmap should be changed, the Callcentric one or the Voice Gateway one?  It seems like it would be the Voice Gateway one, since that is the one affecting outgoing calls.  No?  Actually, for those of us who use Callcentric as an inbound-only provider, does the Callcentric digitmap even matter?

azrobert

The short answer is VG DigitMap for outbound calls.
Read on if you want to know how things work,

You can do some fancy stuff with an OBi. The scope of my following answer is limited to outbound calls from the phone port and inbound calls directed to a phone port.

Inbound calls are not affected by any DigitMap. The Inbound Call Route for the trunk directs the call to a phone port.

After you dial an outbound number the Phone Port DigitMap gets control.
The DigitMap validates the dialed number.
It can also modify the dialed number like adding a country code, area code or stripping off a prefix.
If the number does not match a rule in the Phone Port DigitMap you will get a Busy signal.

If the dialed matches a rule, it is passed to the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute.
Each entry in the OutboundCallRoute has a DigitMap or a literal.
If a dialed number matches an entry, it is routed out the specified trunk.
If there no match, you get a message something like "No Routes Available".

All trunk DigitMaps are totally IRRELIVANT unless they are referenced by the Phone DigitMap or OutboundCallRoute.

Most of the rules in the Phone Phone DigitMap or OutboundCallRoute are for special cases.
I'm only including what is need for calls to the Primary Line.

Phone DigitMap
((Mpli))

Phone Out Route
{(Mpli):pli}

Mpli points to the Points to the Primary line DigitMap (usually ITSP A DigitMap)
pli points to the Primary Line (usually sp1)
You would get the same results using Msp1 and sp1

If you dial 18005551212 it matches a rule in the ITSP A DigitMap, then matches the rule in the Out Route as is routed out SP1.

I 1st setup a VG like this:

Phone DigitMap
(8xxxxxxxxxx|(Mpli))

VG1 DigitMap
(<8:1>xxxxxxxxxx)

Phone Out Route
{(Mvg1):vg},{(Mpli):pli}

If you dial 88005551212 it passes the Phone DigitMap.
It matches VG1 DigitMap (Mvg1)
The number is changed to 18005551212 and routed out VG1.

If I did this:
Phone DigitMap
((Mvg1)|(Mpli))

The dialed number would pass the Phone DigitMap.
The number would be changed to 18005551212 in the Phone DigitMap.
It would NOT match Mvg1 in the Phone Out Route and would be routed out SP1.

Edit:
After GV was removed from SP1, I suggested this:

VG1 DigitMap
(1xxxxxxxxxx)

When you dial 18005551212 it matched the Primary Line DigitMap and is passed to the Phone Out Route.
It doesn't matter that GV was removed from the Primary Line and SP1 is not used.
Maybe you should change the Phone DigitMap, so it's not confusing:

Phone DigitMap
((Mvg1)|(Mpli))

The dialed number will match both Mvg1 and Mpli in the Phone Out Route.
Processing moves left to right, so it will match Mvg1 first and be routed out vg1

dial.tone

Here is the Voice Gateway Digitmap I'm using and I'm still getting a 10-second delay when dialing a local, 7-digit number within my area code (where "aaa" in the digitmap is replaced with my area code).  10-digit and 11-digit numbers go right through without delay.  I don't see any open-ended rules to trigger a 10-second delay.  Any suggestions on how to make 7-digit calls go right through?  What should I look for?
(1xxxxxxxxxx|011xx.S3|<1aaa>xxxxxxx)

azrobert

The Phone Port DigitMap determines how long the OBi waits.
You have to look at all the DigitMaps the Phone DigitMap refers to, which probably includes the ITSP A DigitMap (primary line).

You don't get a 10 second delay with 11 digit numbers?
Maybe I don't totally understand how the delay is determined?

Ianobi, please chime in.

Edit:

Since 10 digits still work, you must have the 10 digit rule in the Primary Route's DigitMap.
You would need to remove the 10 digit rule and xx. from the Primary route's DigitMap to get zero delay on 7 digits.

dial.tone

Quote from: azrobert on April 25, 2014, 07:11:50 AM
The Phone Port DigitMap determines how long the OBi waits.
You have to look at all the DigitMaps the Phone DigitMap refers to, which probably includes the ITSP A DigitMap (primary line).

You don't get a 10 second delay with 11 digit numbers?
Maybe I don't totally understand how the delay is determined?

Ianobi, please chime in.

Edit:

Since 10 digits still work, you must have the 10 digit rule in the Primary Route's DigitMap.
You would need to remove the 10 digit rule and xx. from the Primary route's DigitMap to get zero delay on 7 digits.

I have the following standard Callcentric digitmap set at Service Providers -> ITSP ProfileX -> Digitmap:

(*xx.|**275*x.|[3469]11|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

Are you saying that if I change it to the following, the delay should go away?

(*xx.|**275*x.|[3469]11|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

And, to de-clutter it even more, is there any reason why I shouldn't also take out the IP address and URI Rules, thusly?

(*xx.|**275*x.|[3469]11|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xx.)

Finally, ref your first sentence, do any changes need to be made to the default Physical Interfaces -> Phone PortX -> Digitmap, which is as follows:

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|##|**70(Mli)|**8(Mbt)|**81(Mbt)|**82(Mbt2)|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

dial.tone

Quote from: dial.tone on April 25, 2014, 08:00:47 AM
And, to de-clutter it even more, is there any reason why I shouldn't also take out the IP address and URI Rules, thusly?

(*xx.|**275*x.|[3469]11|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xx.)

Well, I decided to just try it and see.  So I changed Service Providers -> ITSP ProfileX -> Digitmap to the above value and still got the 10-second delay dialing a 7-digit number. 

azrobert

Use this with the international change:
*xx.|**275*x.|[3469]11|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xx.S3)

The last rule in the Phone DigitMap (Mpli) points to the Primary line DigitMap.
You didn't say if Callcentric was defined on the Primary Line.
The default Primary Line is SP1, so you have to apply the same fix to ITSP A digitMap.

[1-9]S9
[1-9][0-9]S9

The above rules are for speed dials and allow numbers 1 thru 9 and 10 thru 99.
I don't know why they have a 9 second delay.
I would change them to:
[1-9]
[1-9][0-9]

If you don't force the call out another trunk by using **n prefix, you don't have to worry about the other rules.

dial.tone

Quote from: azrobert on April 25, 2014, 08:49:25 AM
Use this with the international change:
*xx.|**275*x.|[3469]11|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xx.S3)

The last rule in the Phone DigitMap (Mpli) points to the Primary line DigitMap.
You didn't say if Callcentric was defined on the Primary Line.
The default Primary Line is SP1, so you have to apply the same fix to ITSP A digitMap.

[1-9]S9
[1-9][0-9]S9

I would change them to:
[1-9]
[1-9][0-9]

If you don't force the call out another trunk by using **n prefix, you don't have to worry about the other rules.

Using (*xx.|**275*x.|[3469]11|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xx.S3) gave me a "circuit busy" signal after I dialed the first 2-3 digits in the 7-digit number I was testing.  I had to revert back to the full Callcentric standard digitmap to avoid getting the "circuit busy" -- then I inserted the S3 in the international calling rule and the delay went up to 12-15 seconds.  I seem to be backing up. 

azrobert

How do you configure your OBI?
Do you update it using the Web interface or OBiTalk?

Do you use Callcentric for outbound calls, or just inbound calls?
What SP trunk is Callcentric defined on?
What is your Primary Line?
It's found here:
Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> Primary Line

dial.tone

How do you configure your OBI?
   I use the web interface (192.168.x.x).

Do you use Callcentric for outbound calls, or just inbound calls?
   I use Callcentric for inbound calls.  I use CircleNet via Voice Gateway for outbound calls.

What SP trunk is Callcentric defined on?
   Callcentric is defined on SP1 (for line 1 going into my 2-line deskphone).
   Callcentric is defined on SP2 (for line 2 and the fax machine).

What is your Primary Line?
   Phone1 and Phone2, both, are set to SP1 Service.  I'm redirecting Phone2 to SP2 Service at this time.

I have tried to make the simultaneous digitmap changes to all 4 setups (SP1, SP2, VG1, and VG2), but I may have missed one.  I'll go back and doublecheck to make sure the digitmaps are as follows:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A and B -> General:
   (*xx.|**275*x.|[3469]11|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xx.S3|(Mipd))

Voice Services -> Gateways and Trunk Groups -> Voice Gateway1 and 2:
   (1xxxxxxxxxx|011xx.S3|<1919>xxxxxxx)

And I'll make sure the Primary Line on Phone 2 is set to SP2 Service.  Does that all sound right?

Edit 1:
Ok, here are the results.  With Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A and B -> General -> Digitmap set as follows:
    (*xx.|**275*x.|[3469]11|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xx.) -- Result, circuit busy after 5 seconds
    (*xx.|**275*x.|[3469]11|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.) -- Result, circuit busy after dialing 1st digit
    (*xx.|**275*x.|[3469]11|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.) -- Result, 12-second delay but call went through

azrobert

Change the Phone Port DigitMap to this:
((Mvg1)|[1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|911|**0|***|#|##|**70(Mli)|**8(Mbt)|**81(Mbt)|**82(Mbt2)|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Make sure OBItalk provisioning is Disabled.

dial.tone

Quote from: azrobert on April 25, 2014, 11:01:09 AM
((Mvg1)|[1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|911|**0|***|#|##|**70(Mli)|**8(Mbt)|**81(Mbt)|**82(Mbt2)|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Prepare yourself for the Knighthood Ceremony, Sir azrobert!!  You are truly a genius!  Delay is gone.  Now I don't have to endure that just-call-AT&T look from my wife tonight!!  She will probably send you a Christmas card this year!

Sam_from_CircleNet

dial.tone I think I owe azrobert more than a card :-),

Also there is a chance your wife might be right about ATT, we do terminate some traffic using their network.

Sam Moats

zorlac

Quote from: azrobert on April 25, 2014, 11:01:09 AM
Is that all one string into that first field?
Would that string be OK for circlenet on SP2?

Thanks again!

OK this config works (on my obi100) but there is a ~13sec ring pause.  :(

DigitMap: ([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

OutboundCallRoute: {(Mvg1):vg1},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

azrobert

zorlac,

Yes, it's all one string.

It's for an OBi202 using VG1 for outbound calls.
You have to modify other DigitMaps and this might not fit your setup.
Read some of the previous posts.

I have a question for you.
How did you paste that picture in your post?
I have a Windows 7 machine and it has the Snipping Tool.
I can paste a Snip into Word using the Special Paste, but I can't paste a Snip anywhere else.
Thanks

zorlac

Quote from: azrobert on April 25, 2014, 09:05:59 PM
zorlac,
I have a question for you.
How did you paste that picture in your post?
I have a Windows 7 machine and it has the Snipping Tool.
I can paste a Snip into Word using the Special Paste, but I can't paste a Snip anywhere else.
Thanks
Man, I'd be grateful to help you!
I'm running Linux but in Windoze the print screen key will usually capture the screen to the clipboard and then I'd paste it into a simple graphics program (Irfanview maybe?) for cropping/save as .jpg.
I use tinypic to host the pics and copy the [ img]this url[/img] to post here.
I hope that's kinda clear.

azrobert

Quote from: zorlac on April 25, 2014, 09:18:53 PM
I'm running Linux but in Windoze the print screen key will usually capture the screen to the clipboard and then I'd paste it into a simple graphics program (Irfanview maybe?) for cropping/save as .jpg.
I use tinypic to host the pics and copy the [ img]this url[/img] to post here.

After the print screen I used Paint to crop the image. I could paste the image into a Word document instead of the special paste required by an image captured by the Snipping tool. It's not that important to me to go thru the trouble of hosting the image somewhere. I thought there might be a way just to paste the image directly into a post. See how much I knew about this stuff. Anyway, I know how to do it now.

Thanks

zorlac

OK this config works (on my obi100) but there is a ~13sec ring pause.  :(

DigitMap: ([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

OutboundCallRoute: {(Mvg1):vg1},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Pressing # after dialing cuts the delay to ~5sec so it seems that maybe 10sec of my delay is coming from my digit map.

Sam, I know you have bigger fish to fry, but some stock config strings for the obi box parameters would be real handy!

Thanks

ianobi

@ azrobert & dial.tone

I'm coming very late to this party - I note that I missed the beer on offer   :)

Quote[1-9]S9
[1-9][0-9]S9

I would change them to:
[1-9]
[1-9][0-9]

By coincidence, I was just answering a question on speed dials. I would urge you to put back the "S9" delays in your Phone Port DigitMap. The purpose of the S9 delays is to prevent numbers such as 911 being seen by the OBi as speed dial 9 followed by digits 11 etc.

If you "declutter" your digit maps, as I also like to do, then often we remove these rules:

xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.

Removing these rules in the Primary Line DigitMap (Mpli) removes a two second delay in the overall Phone Port DigitMap. This is mostly good, but we are then back to the 911 situation. If you have removed the "S9" delays then when you dial 911 the "9" will instantly be matched as a speed dial and digits "11" will most likely not match anywhere.

If dialling numbers longer than three digits there is no problem as the number will be matched elsewhere – most likely in the Primary Line DigitMap. Therefore the S9 should not affect normal numbers. If you press "#" during the S9 delay period, then that tells the OBi you have finished dialling. Pressing 8# results in speed dial 8 being used with no delay.