News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

CircleNet would like to introduce ourselves to the Obi world

Started by Sam_from_CircleNet, April 08, 2014, 10:35:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

voiper1

Quote from: classpro on April 30, 2014, 12:18:38 AM
{(Mvg1):vg1},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Here is my outbound call route

I think that is what I have.
For this:
sp2(outbound.circlenet.us)

I had this:
sp1(west.circlenet.us)  You can do east or west or outbound.

I am using Voice Gateway 1. I had GV on SP1 and replaced it also. Read my threads.  I think yours should work. Try dumping the CallCentric on Sp2 and get CircleNet working on VG1, then put in CC back in SP2.  Trial and error.  azrobert knows much more than I on the regular expression matches but not sure that is your problem. 

Cheers..   :D

classpro

I changed the Phone Port - Primary Line to SP2 Service and now it works! If Primary Line is set to SP1 it didn't work even if I changed to sp1(outbound . . .) 

This is probably a question for Azrobert since he is our resident expert on this stuff.  I may have to try it if no one has an answer.

The two things I want to do are:

(1)   Add a 911 call string that will call the local fire dept if anyone puts 911 into the phone

(2)   Set up two additional Voice Gateways VG2 and VG3 which are set up to spoof different phone numbers (work and home) when I call out.

911 STRING

If I use the following to the call string, where YYYYYYYYYY is the local fire station (and 315 is my local exchange), will it call the fire station if I dial 911 (not something that's easy to test!)?
(<911:>1YYYYYYYYYY|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>xxxxxxxxxx|<1315>xxxxxxx|011xxxxxx.S3)

ADDITIONAL VOICE GATEWAYS

Let's say I set up two new Voice Gateways:  VG2 and VG3.

VG2 string (set up with Circlenet to spoof my work number on caller id)

(<8:>1xxxxxxxxxx|<8:1>xxxxxxxxxx|<8:1315>xxxxxxx|<8:>011xxxxxx.S3)

VG3 string with Circlenet (set up with Circlenet to spoof my home number on caller id)

(<7:>1xxxxxxxxxx|<7:1>xxxxxxxxxx|<7:1315>xxxxxxx|<7:>011xxxxxx.S3)

And then I would add to the Phone Port Callout Route:

{(Mvg1):vg1},(Mvg2):vg2},(Mvg3):vg3},

Is this right?  Does the order matter for the MVG strings or the 911 string?  

Thanks.

azrobert

It should be:
(<911:1YYYYYYYYYY>|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>xxxxxxxxxx|<1315>xxxxxxx|011xxxxxx.S3)

Left of colon is removed. Right of the colon is added.
I assume this is your primary route DigitMap. The sequence shouldn't matter.

You have the Voice Gateways correct.

Norris

Ignorant question (major networking guy who never learned VOIP)...

Your service is for outbound calls only, not inbound, right?

Sam_from_CircleNet

Hi Norris,
We're networking guys to and yes we are outbound only.
Sam

Norris

Thanks for the info.. I've signed up to try.

Am a CISSP and CISA ... in case you need any audit or security consulting.

MacOverAll

BTW... here are my initial thoughts on a GV "route" change for my OBIHAI usage.
http://www.circlenet.us, web site is simple, managment UI, simple, but you know what, if you're making phone calls, how important is the web UI?
Given the implosion of XMPP shuttering the door over at Google Voice, I sought out a hopefully reliable, great audio quality, pay for what-you-really-need provider. GV still has hands-down best spam/telemarketing control.
To that end, I'm using CircleNET for the only service they provide: outbound calls. And GV -> FreelyCall ->ObiHai  will be for inbound. latency not a problem with the top-tier routes between broadvoice and FreelyCall even with FreelyCall's Frankfurt, Germany (at least from what I can tell on routes) SIP server.
**I truly believe that by CN focusing on outbound, they do it better than most for less than all that I've seen so far.**
That said, this is "early-on" for the "unbundled" VOIP for me, so I've got a lot to learn and will hopefully learn more, but CN reflects great values, even as simple as finding ways to get low to no cost calls for public servants that are separated from their families by distance and months-years at a time.
Service is non-contract, pre-paid via PayPal, they offer a $2 credit to "try on their 20 dimes". So far the 75 minutes have all been more clear than the Google Voice calls and would have only cost $0.30. 
Why pay more for phone service, with a little work, find the best incoming provider(s) GV +FC and so far best outgoing CircleNet.us  (FC is freelycall.com, they offer free WA, USA DIDs w/ free incoming minutes, manual implementation, but friendly/efficient service all things equal)

PatrickRyan

I too gave up the GV ghost and am now using CircleNet for outbound. My experience comports with MacOverAll's early assessment "So far the 75 minutes have all been more clear than the Google Voice calls and would have only cost $0.30."

What's not to like? May CirleNet grow and prosper!

Sam_from_CircleNet

Thanks guys for the compliments!  We really want to be the best on the quality side, if we also happen to be the cheapest in some cases even better.  ;D

Also Norris, I spent time with the DOD I remember the 8570 and DCID6/3 requirements we aren't that tight yet but security auditing is high up on our list.

Thanks!
Sam

Norris

Got it set up. First test call to my mom and sound quality is awesome!

Question #1 ... most of my calls are in TN .. would rates be less if I pointed to east rather than outbound?

Question #2 ... seeing all of the custom DigitMap work people are doing... do I need to make changes to the generic map that Obi puts in there?

classpro

My plan to be able to spoof two different outgoing numbers through Circlenet by using an "8" or "7" prefix is not working.  This way I would be able to present my work caller id number even though I'm calling from home, for example. 

When I use the prefix, I get a fast busy signal.  The problem may be the nesting of two different voice gateways.  Has anyone gotten two nested voice gateways to work?  If I get this working, I will post detailed instructions to help others who want to do the same thing. 

Circlenet with an inexpensive DID service seems like a great cost effective option to replace the direct GV connection.  I'm still using GV for incoming calls, and simply forwarding them to the DID service.

Sam_from_CircleNet

Norris,
Thanks that's exactly what we want to hear! If you or anyone calls on one of our routes and it's less than awesome please let us know.

Question #1, the rates are the same regardless of which server the reason for the multiple locations is more for reliability than anything else. There is also a quality benefit by hitting whichever server gives you the lowest ping times. Once the call enters our network depending on the final destination it will get trunked around to wherever is closest from a logical network standpoint to the end carrier before we hand it off.

Question #2, this really depends on what you want to do. The default pattern should work in most cases.

Sam_from_CircleNet

Classpro,

I do know that this can be done and has been done by other customers. I don't know the exact Obi configs that finally worked for the customer I'm thinking about.

Sam

Norris

Sam,

You need a good Obi config FAQ with screen shots ... what I saw on your site was not complete/accurate. I was able to find the setup info through on either page 2 or three of this thread.

Sam_from_CircleNet

I agree,
We're trying to put together a wiki and a forum on our site. The forum should go up tomorrow but the Wiki is going to take a while. We've been concentrating on setting up our call handlers and arranging deals for the routing and not on our website and that shows.

Sam

classpro

Sam: 

I've spent some time today trying to diagnose why it won't work.  I tried setting up the phone port calloutroute with just

{(Mvg2):vg2},

or

{(Mvg3):vg3},

rather than nesting the phone port calloutroute.  It still didn't work. 

Then I changed the digitmap on Voice Gateway 2 and 3 from

to

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>xxxxxxxxxx|<1315>xxxxxxx|011xxxxxx.S3)

and it worked. 

So the problem is the voice gateway digitmap.  I'm using the one posted for google voice, so I don't know what is wrong, but that digitmap seems to be the bottleneck.  When I use the digitmap calls don't go through. 

Does anyone know what the "S3" at the end is - does that need to be changed?

I saw on an earlier post saying to add 8xxxxxxxxxx| to the phone port digitmap.  I tried that, but it didn't help.

I think we should see if we can get the 7 and 8 prefix strings working by themselves, and then try nesting the phone port outboundcallroute.

voiper1

Quote from: classpro on May 02, 2014, 09:40:12 AM
Sam: 

I've spent some time today trying to diagnose why it won't work.  I tried setting up the phone port calloutroute with just

{(Mvg2):vg2},

or

{(Mvg3):vg3},

rather than nesting the phone port calloutroute.  It still didn't work. 

Then I changed the digitmap on Voice Gateway 2 and 3 from

to

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>xxxxxxxxxx|<1315>xxxxxxx|011xxxxxx.S3)

and it worked. 

So the problem is the voice gateway digitmap.  I'm using the one posted for google voice, so I don't know what is wrong, but that digitmap seems to be the bottleneck.  When I use the digitmap calls don't go through. 

Does anyone know what the "S3" at the end is - does that need to be changed?

I saw on an earlier post saying to add 8xxxxxxxxxx| to the phone port digitmap.  I tried that, but it didn't help.

I think we should see if we can get the 7 and 8 prefix strings working by themselves, and then try nesting the phone port outboundcallroute.

Hi, you have to read all the threads carefully.  The 8 was used because the person wanted to used GV on sp1 and callcentric on sp2 but then wanted to change over after May14th.  So the 8 was just temporary.  Better to remove GV all together from the OBI and get it working right at this time since GV going away anyways.

The notes on the CN website are helpful but that is for an SP1 setup not a Voice Gateway.  It is important to read all on here carefully.  Sam is focused on upgrading features right now.  They will add more to the website I am sure. Some of this is trial and error.  There is nothing else to change on the digitmaps at the moment once it is working.  As CN adds more features then digitmaps might change, or as azrobert can help you if there is anything special that you need done.  He has been helpful to us all.  I hope that helps.  azrobert will help if you ask him.

Cheers...  :D

classpro

voiper1:  Yes, I think I've read the entire thread several times, and as I stated in prior posts I do not have google voice at all on my obi.  I have sp1 and sp2 both set to callcentric DID numbers. 

I want to have all outbound calls going through Circlenet. I have a working Circlenet account, with two working number spoofing sub accounts.  What I can't get working is a way of dialing out with those sub accounts. 

I have tried to use the "8" and "7" digimaps from the google voice discussion to access the CircleNet subaccounts, but it doesn't work.

I have also tried using "**1" and "**2" instead of "8" and "7" to access the voice gateways with the sub accounts but it also does not work.  I'm trying to use my limited understanding of the logic of the GV mapping to make it work, and it doesn't, so I'm asking for help.  If you can help, I'm all ears.  But telling me to read the thread is not helping.

voiper1

Quote from: classpro on May 02, 2014, 11:28:32 AM
voiper1:  Yes, I think I've read the entire thread several times, and as I stated in prior posts I do not have google voice at all on my obi.  I have sp1 and sp2 both set to callcentric DID numbers. 

I want to have all outbound calls going through Circlenet. I have a working Circlenet account, with two working number spoofing sub accounts.  What I can't get working is a way of dialing out with those sub accounts. 

I have tried to use the "8" and "7" digimaps from the google voice discussion to access the CircleNet subaccounts, but it doesn't work.

I have also tried using "**1" and "**2" instead of "8" and "7" to access the voice gateways with the sub accounts but it also does not work.  I'm trying to use my limited understanding of the logic of the GV mapping to make it work, and it doesn't, so I'm asking for help.  If you can help, I'm all ears.  But telling me to read the thread is not helping.

HI there, I am sorry you misunderstood my comment.  I was not trying to help you with an answer because I do not know your answer.  I simply was making sure you understood what was previously written.  I had to battle through this also.  Please ask azrobert as he is the one who helped me.  Please try not to be too sensitive.  This is all a learning experience for us.  The best part is in time you will get it working.  It can be frustrating.  I have 20 years of engineering experience and even I am lost on the OBI most of the time.

Cheers.  :D

classpro

I'm not that sensitive, and agree that it's quite difficult for someone who is new to programming the device.  We're all here to help each other get the most out of our device. 

I suspect there are a number of others in my situation that would benefit from a clear explanation, which I will post if I get it working.  I'm at the point where I understand what I don't understand, which is an improvement from where I started :-)