News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

dial plan - inphonex

Started by Clive, April 09, 2014, 12:25:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clive

Hi,
I've done a search and got no results for this. Even googled and got nothing meaningful.
I'm looking for a dial plan that works with inphonex. You have to put 011 in front of every call + country code + area code followed by the number.
Calls will be originating from Spain (9 digit numbers).
Thanks in advance.

giqcass

You may need to elaborate on what you want.  Do you want the 011 added automatically to all numbers you dial?

EDIT: Just realized my 1000th post!  WooHoo!

Let me know which Obi you are using as well so we can try to give you a complete DigitMap / dialing strategy that matches your device.

I think this might be what you need but more customization may be desired.  This should allow all calls to other numbers in Spain to be dialed just using the 9 digit number.

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<01134>xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

It appears the company considers the US and Canada the "home" area so I left 11 digit dialing for that part alone. If there are particular countries you plan to dial outside of Spain we can make that easier. Would the country codes you most dial have exactly 2 digits and do they all have exactly 9 digit after?

Sorry I have edited this post multiple times.  I got the country code wrong in my last edit.

I'm using this page for reference.
Long live our new ObiLords!

ianobi

@ giqcass - Congrats on the 1000th post! Your helpful and positive attitude helps make this forum a great place to come for advice. My question for you is when do you sleep?   :D

More info is needed to make this digitmap work. It depends a lot on how the OP is going to use his OBi. For example, if the OBi is located in Spain and needs to use the European emergency number "112", then an additional provider will be needed.

There is a problem with this:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<01134>xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

After dialling any nine digits this rule <01134>xxxxxxxxx will be matched, so no number longer than nine digits will be possible. There several ways around this. We could add a delay: <01134>xxxxxxxxxS4 will allow longer numbers to be dialled, but will delay the nine digit numbers by four seconds.

It seems that Spanish landline numbers always start with a "9" and cell phone numbers with "6" or "7", so this might work:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<01134>[679]xxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.)

Anyhow, as you say, more info needed before a working digitmap can be suggested.

giqcass

I always forget something when dealing with these strings.  :D 
Emergency dialing was one of the situations I was thinking about too.  If using a 110 with pots the OP could send it straight out the line.  I get plenty of sleep.  I just keep strange hours. lol
Long live our new ObiLords!

Clive

Hi, many thanks for the reply guys.

Congrats giqcass. Agree with Ianobi, without you guys it would be a total nightmare for me. Try as I might, I find it impossible to work out Obi dial plans.

The Obi100 will be used in Spain calling primarily Spanish 9 digit numbers and UK numbers.

Ianobi, I've been looking for 112 access in Spain for a while now but not found anyone apart from Voxbone who can supply this and want minimum €500 monthly spend. I've spent many hours on google looking for this so any suggestions on this front most welcome.

ianobi

I suggest trying this:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<01134>[679]xxxxxxxx|<0:01144>[1237]xxxxxxxxx|xx.)

It enables you to dial numbers as if you were in USA/Spain/UK. For example:

USA dial 12345678901
Spain dial 912345678
UK dial 01234567890

Any other country / number you will need to dial 011 + country code + area code + number.

I don't have much knowledge of Spanish voip providers (I'm in the UK). A quick search did not find any easy answers. For a lot less than €500 you could buy a OBi110 and connect a local PSTN line and use it only for 112. Another option may be to buy an OBi202 with Bluetooth dongle and connect a mobile phone to use its 112 facility.

Clive

Thanks Ianobi, this is great and seeing this has just given me an idea.

In the last (UK) part of the dial plan, if I add a further 0 at the beginning and remove the 44 from the 01144, that would suffice for international dialling if they use the full international code (00 44 1234567890) rather than just 44. I might get the hang of this yet.

Edit: I think I've got this wrong again. Might that be ....|<00:011>xx.|.... or something like that.

I have another potential scenario with an Obi100, routing 112/999 calls onto the second account so that dialling 112 or 999 has the effect of dialling **2 then dialling the emergency services.

The reason I'm trying work this out is because there are no landlines where I am and mobile signals are quite hit and miss so satellite internet is the way to go and then using voip. My supplier works well via satellite but a lot don't so it might end up being a bit of mix and match to get the 112 service added.

ianobi

QuoteIn the last (UK) part of the dial plan, if I add a further 0 at the beginning and remove the 44 from the 01144, that would suffice for international dialling if they use the full international code (00 44 1234567890) rather than just 44.

In fact many voip providers insist on 00 as the prefix for all calls. I use voipcheap.co.uk for calls to mobile numbers and have to use 00. The rule for landlines and mobiles for UK numbers would be:

<0:0044>[1237]xxxxxxxxx

However, that does not work for inphonex as they want 011 as a prefix.

The part on the left of the colon is replaced by the part on the right of the colon within the <> symbols.

Routing of 112 in Spain would be best done using Phone Port DigitMap and Phone Port OutboundCallRoute and sending it direct to sp2 with no reference to other digitmaps. See a previous post between you and me regarding 112/999 within the UK.

You might ask the Spanish emergency operators if they allow calls on a standard Spanish number which calls to their emergency operators. Then we can translate 112 to that number so it's seamless to anyone dialling 112.