News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Simple question re: changing itsp settings

Started by mo832, April 09, 2014, 10:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo832

This may be a stupid question, but I have spent lots of time fine-tuning the attributes of my setup (dtmf, stun, dial plan, etc.) and I don't really want to mess with them at this point. So while I audition several different ITSPs, is it possible to just go in and surgically change the SIP credentials and leave everything else intact? Will this work?

Alternatively, if I use the obitalk wizard to choose one of the listed ITSPs and have it set them up by template, will that mess up the rest of my settings?

I am trying to go back and forth between a few choices of ITSP to see which gives better quality and which ones are causing problems.

Clive

Hi mo832.
The only stupid question is one you already know the answer to.
Whilst you already have your primary itsp in place, there is no need to change this to try out the others.
Just configure and use the second line to test the others with and check the box that says use this as primary outbound.
That way, you still receive calls via your current itsp but you can also check the call quality of the others.
Hope this helps.

mo832

Clive,

Thank you for your suggestion, however I must tell you that I already have both slots configured, and I don't want to do ANYTHING to the 2nd slot because it is set up exactly as I want it with no problems, and I'm not messing with it as long as it works :).

It is my 1st slot that I am playing around with until I lock down the right combination. But if I make changes to the ITSP login info, I don't want to have redo all the other technical settings.

So my question is still can I just keep changing the login and will all the other options be left alone and will the obi successfully be able to register with the new service only changing the login details?